Ch. 16

Rayna's P.O.V.

I woke up, my head was killing me, I looked around and all I saw my darkness, I was in my car, blood was spilling down the side of my face. My hands were around my belly and they were cut up from the airbag. I stopped it, I prayed she was okay in there. My mind was fading and it went black again.
      I woke again but this time it was in an ambulance.
    "We're losing the baby." The medic looked at me, "Just hang in there sweetie. We're almost at the hospital."
  I nodded, "Please save her." I said softly, begging for my daughter's life.

                                  ~~~~ Duke's POV~~~~
    We had just got back to the station when my phone was buzzing like crazy, I picked it up and answered.
    "Hello?"
    "Hello is this Duke Valentine?"
    "Yes. Who is this?"
    "My name is Dr. Allen from Mercy Hospital, do you now Rayna Valentine?"
    "Yes she is my wife, is she okay?"
    "She's been in a deadly car accident, she's in surgery right now." 
    "Alright.. What about the baby?"
    "We're doing everything we can to save it, she's going to go in for a sea section."
    "Okay." I took off y suit and ran out to my car. I sped my way to the hospital, ran in and the nurse informed me she had just got out of surgery and the sea section.
      "Is the baby okay?"
    "Yes, she's little because she was early, but she was 7 months along so not by much."
    "I thought she was 6."
    "No she was closer to 7. Want to meet your daughter. Your wife won't wake up for awhile."
    "Sure." They took me back to the nursery and there she was and yeah she was small. She was only 5 pounds, but she wasn't in an incubator. She was okay and that was all that mattered. The nurse told me I could hold her and I picked her little body up in my arms. She looked up at me with those big blue eyes, just like Rayna's. I smiled and said hi to her, my heart pounding a little. 
    I held her close, smiling, she cuddled into my arms, cooing softly. My heart melted, I was just waiting for Rayna to get out of surgery, she would be so excited to meet her.
    "Mr. Valentine, your wife is awake, she's asking for you."
    "Alright."
    "You can bring your daughter with you. She needs to bond with her mama."
    I nodded and kept her in my arms. I walked in and Rayna smiled at me, she then saw the baby and her smile widened.
    "She's okay right?"
    "She's perfect. You did it sweetie." Rayna had bruises on her face and her arms were cut up horribly. "You stopped the airbag didn't you?"
    "Yeah. I pushed the airbag  with my arms, I knew the baby would most likely die if the airbag came up. I didn't care about the pain. I just needed her to be okay."
      "She's great, I'm so proud of you."
    "Can I hold her?"
    "Yes." I handed her over to Rayna and she smiled down at our little bundle of joy. I couldn't be happier if I tried. "Rayna I think I know the perfect name."
    "Okay. What is it?"
    "Rosie."
    "I love it Duke." She smiled at me and then back down at Rosie. "Welcome to the world Rosie Valentine." 

                                             ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I hope that you all like this chapter, I know it's shorter than usual, but I still hope you all like it. Please leave me comments and let me know what you all think. I'm very proud of how well this story is and how many reads it has gotten. It means so much to me. Thanks again for reading!

 ~~Katelyn~~