Ch. 15

I was walking down the street smiling, I was finally in Paris with Duke. We were currently visiting the Eiffel Tower and I stared in awe of its beauty. "I can never thank you enough for this."]

        "Hey we are on our honeymoon. This is what we both wanted, it's so beautiful here.''

        I smiled and leaned up to kiss him. We went and explored some more. I did some shopping, trying not to buy everything I saw, which was very difficult I may add. After that we headed back to our hotel. I walked out onto the balcony we had, and looked at the view. Seeing Paris glow in the moonlight, a sight that took my breath away. Duke came out to look at the view and he wrapped his arms around me.

        "You know I never did ask you how you have been doing these past few weeks with losing the baby and your parents showing up?''

        ''Alright I guess, I mean it was weird seeing them again. I hate that they know where I live. If we ever do have kids, I do not want them around our children. They oushed me so hard and I am not letting them pressure our kids.''

        "File a restraining against them then, make them stay away for good.''

        "I might do it, I do not know if I have a good enough reason for it though.''

        ''It's up to you honey.''

        I felt him move my hair to the side and his lips press against my throat. He just kept them there, nuzzling me a little as her wrapped his arms around me. I looked at the view and then down at him, smiling a little. "This is nice.''

        ''I couldn't agree more,'' he said, kissing me some more. "Let's take this inside?''

         "Alright.'' I walked back into our room, closing the door to the balcony. We kissed some more and then he laid me on the bed. This time was different than any other time we've been togehter. He was sweeter, kinder. This was my favorite time ever.

                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It has been 8 months since Duke and I have came home. He has been working like crazy these past few weeks. There has been a bad round of arson going on, so the station has been working nonstop. He texted me earlier how he is going to be on call tonight and will just sleep there.

        I decided that I was going to go down to the station to visit him, plus I wanted to tell him something. I am pregnant with a baby girl. I don't know how he hasn't figured it out yet, I'm showing and everything, than again he hardly makes it home.

        I parked outside the firehouse and walked in. The guys were sitting at a table playing cards, looking completely exhausted. Duke saw me and smiled. He looked down at my stomach and his smile widened. I took off my coat and he could really see my belly.

        "Rayna am I hallucinating?"

        ''No. It's a girl.''

        ''A girl, you already know?''

        "I just found out. I'm almost 6 months now.''

        ''That is amazing,'' he said coming over to hug me and give me a kiss. He put his hands on my belly and said hi to the baby. I felt the baby kick and I smiled, "She's kicking in there.''

        "I am so happy.'' He said, getting on his knees to kiss my belly. I smiled at him and the rest of the guys awed. I smiled at them, "I made you guys dinner, it is in the car.'' I started to walk out, but they stopped.

        "No the mommy has to rest.'' Eric said, hugging me tightly and kissing my cheek.

        The guys brought the food in and they set it on the small table they had. We said grace and then I said dig in.

         "No you go first.'' Duke said, "That baby needs to be fed.''

        I smiled and ate with them, laughing as they told stories. They started picking on Duke, saying how they were never going to heard the end of him talking about the baby. I leaned over to kiss Duke and he wrapped is arm around my shoulder. I sat with them until they got called. They hurried and put on their suits. I wrapped the food up and put it in the fridge. I kissed Duke goodbye, and told him to be careful, since snow was starting to fall. He told me the same thing and then he was gone. I turned off the light and left.        

        I went to my car and got in. I started heading home, the snow was coming down so hard, I could barely see 5 feet in front of me. I saw headlights coming towards me, before I knew it I felt the impact and I faded away to black.

                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Hey guys I finally updated! Sorry I've been so busy lately, but I hope you like the new chapter! Please leave comments and tell me what you think of the story and any ideas you have, I'm always up for suggestions. Thanks again for reading lovelies.

   ~Katelyn~