Bunny Bunny

Oh hello my marshmallows! Since i havent uploaded in almost a year let me introduce myself since you might have forgotten about me already. 

 I apologize for not uploading but i cant promise for more chapters in the future either. Procrastination has become my habit and yes i would try to work on it.

***

The path seemed to blur before me as I ran with great speed. It felt as if my feet didn't touch the ground, as if I was flying through the crowd. I couldn't sense if the magician was following me or not but I refused to look back out of fear. It seemed that my legs couldn't carry me any longer and that I would instantaneously fall. But I had to run. It was silly of me to put myself in such trouble and now I had to get myself out of it. With all my concentration on my escape, I had forgotten the fact that I had a bunny in my arms which I assumed by now was shaking with fright. For as long as I can remember I ran and ran until I stopped and looked back at the path seeing no signs of the magician. With a sigh of relief, I leaned against the pole of a tent to catch my breath since I hadn't run as much as I ran today.

Dragging my shoe against the ground, I plopped on the floor and folded my legs. My fingers traced the ears of the bunny in circles and clearly by the look of it, it was clearly pleased. Bending my head slightly, I tried to see any signs of the magician yet fortunately or unfortunately he was nowhere to be seen. Among the tall people who were mostly men, many wee children ran in between the crowds with their hands and mouths sticky with candy and maybe other various food. The air was filled with the aroma of diverse foods which were mostly familiar. It mainly consisted of corn on carts or various lentils served with bread. The oil that the vendors cooked the items in was extremely black and didn't seem eatable at all. Yet despite that fact people stood in lines to wait for their turns. Almost all of the kids had their shalwaar (pants) and good clothes on which was an amazing sight since it was hard to see such a pleasant thing in the camp territory. Most of the girls wore pretty shimmering clothes in every color, from magenta to every darkest shade of red. Whenever I looked at the children it would remind me of something, something that I was forgetting at the moment but I hoped that I would soon be able to gain memory of it. Gripping the rabbit in my arms, I headed out to discover more about it.

Many men were dressed in a special way for the carnival. Most of them wore dark and rough textured clothes that were mostly a blend of grey and brown. Maybe that's the color that suits men the best since most of my father's clothes were in the same shade too. Most of them men, elderly or young; had long hair that were tangled and heavily oiled, resting on their shoulders and back. Something that I always thought was strange that the men had beards. But that's not the strange part, the strange part is that their beards change as they grow older. For instance, youngsters have prickly beards that seemed like needles on a cactus. As the man grew older his beard changed. As the man would be the father of a child or two, his beard would get slightly long and not as prickly as it once used to be. Eventually their beard got extremely long, a beard that you could easily braid. As one gets old his hair gets white so the old man would dye his beard in orange henna. Other than that the men in Waziristan are more muscular and braver than the people in bannu. The people of Waziristan usually carried a rifle with them everywhere they went and concealed it with a shawl from their enemies. But since the army hasn't given a permission to carry a riffle, the men mostly hide this precious possession back in the tent.

Till far distances crowds and crowds of people could be seeMr.n. I personally never liked crowds due to which I always avoided going to the weddings in our neighborhood. The carnival was not much interesting either. Many vendors had stalls in which they sold bizarre items that they hoped the people would buy. But, afterall they weren't wrong! Many elderly men fooled themselves in the talks of the vendors and paid a fortune for silly items! I moved towards this one stall that didn't have any customer at all but that wasn't what attracted me towards it, on the table lay something shiny that I could see from a far distance and I just wanted to explore what it was. I strolled towards the table and found precious bangles laying in all variety of colors. The one that I could see from far distance was black with gold and a hint of silver glitter. They looked majestic.