Chapter 5

Keep A Heart

Chapter 5

~Read Authors Note At End~

"If a thing loves, it is infinite." -William Blake

Harry's POV:

The only think I could do was sit and worry. They wouldn't let me in, and all I could remember was Blair an I's goodbye to each other when they wheeled her away. I don't like to see her cry in the first place, and when I couldn't comfort her, and they just took her away from me, I actually felt physical pain. I've never been this scared or nervous in my life, and I just feel lonely. So, that's when I decided to call the only person that could give me comfort besides Blair.

"Lou?" I ask into the phone, grateful that he had picked up at almost five in the morning.

"Harry....what's wrong?" His voice was groggy since I had awoken him this early, elbows being placed on my knees; back slouched.

"Blair's in the hospital Lou, I'm just sitting here and I don't know what to-"

"Is Blair okay? Is the baby okay?" I place a hand over my eyes, trying to make the sting of tears go away.

"I- I don't know. The doctors wouldn't fucking let me back there with her and-" I stop speaking, my voice cracking, my throat choking up.

The other line was silent as I tried to control my breathing. Louis knows that's what I need sometimes, just silence. So I can control my anger. I wished I had Blair here to comfort me, not receiving the kind of comfort I want from Lou. When I get upset around Blair she doesn't shy away from me. She cuddles up into my side even if its her I was angry with, and would whisper reassurances into my ear, saying that we were okay and that I was fine. And then she would trail kisses along my face until finally meeting my lips. But I don't know if it would be like that today if she were here. I don't think she would whisper those reassurances in my ear. Because we don't know what's going to happen.

"I'm going to come over there Harry. It's the hospital closest to you're house yeah?" Louis asks me as I inhale a deep, shaky breath.

"Yeah. And okay, thanks Lou.." I sigh, and the phone remains pressed to my ear even when the dial tone sounds. After a few long seconds, I end the call, resting back into my chair.

*******

I heard his voice above me, my slouched back straightening out to look up to him. His lips are pursed with concern as I stand up quickly, wrapping my arms around him. I don't care if this sounds gay, but I really needed a hug from my best mate.

"Harry, it will be okay." I knew this promise could be broken, because I have no clue what's going on in that room which they won't let me into.

"She woke up early this morning, saying she didn't feel right and-" Our hug is disconnected now, his hands being placed firmly on my shoulders.

"Harry, Blair is strong. I know for a fact that she will be okay, mate."

"But what about the baby Louis?!" I cry out, causing other patients who wait in the waiting room chairs concerned for their loved ones as myself to glance at us.

"I don't know Harry. Don't think the worst things."

I run my hands over my face, sitting back down into my chair, Louis sitting beside me.

"If I loose either of them Lou, I don't know what I'm going to do."

~~~

Blair's POV:

I felt nauseated, and the smell of all the chemicals that float around the room make me want to throw up. The first thing I tried to do when I woke up is remember what had happened. All I remember was saying goodbye to Harry, and the doctor telling me we had to get Brynn delivered tonight. My eyes remain closed, feeling too weak to open them. I can't even concentrate on one thing, my mind falling back into a sleepy daze. But it was a voice, his voice, that made my heart pound, my eyes shooting open.

"Shhhh, shhh baby it's okay."

His face is the first thing my eyes focused on, scanning over his green, red rimmed eyes.

"Thanks god you're awake." Harry sighs deeply, lifting the hand that I hadn't even noticed he was holding to press a long kiss to it. He squeezes his eyes closed, and I could feel tears drip onto my hand.

I watch him lazily as he scoots his chair closer to my bed, noticing that his hair is messier than usual. "Say something for me, Love." He tells me, eyes scanning over my face.

"Lay down." My voice was so quiet that I didn't even know if he could hear me, but he did. I watch as he listens, climbing into the bed with me. He lays on his side, arm under his head as he looks to me.

"Where is she Harry?" I finally ask the question that I've been dreading. His eyes drop, causing my eyes to widen in panic.

"Harry?" I ask weakly.

"She's not..." I trail off, not able to finish my sentence as fresh tears brim my eyes.

"No baby no, she's okay."

When he takes me into his arms I cling onto him, waiting for him to continue.

"Since she was delivered sooner than planned, she's sick. They want to keep her here until her blood levels are good, and until she's a healthy weight. They said it could be over a month." He says softly.

I let it all sink it. The only thing that matters is that she's okay. "But is she definitely okay? " I ask him warily.

"They don't know." He shakes his head slowly. I sniffle, leaning my head down to rest against his chest. His hand starts to run over my arm, making me melt into him.

"I saw her Blair. She's beautiful." He tells me, a happy glow in his eyes as I glance up to him.

"She has you're eyes and nose." He informs me, making a smile break across my face.

"And let me guess, she's got you're hair?" I ask him with a weak laugh, making a smirk grace his lips, his eyes still glassy with tears, and I bet mine are the same.

"Full head of hair on that little girl." He nods his head in confirmation with a small chuckle.

"And remember how I said she should have you're lips?" He asks me, making me nod my head.

"Well she missed out, because she's got mine." He tells me.

"But I love you're lips." I inform him, scooting into him more.

"Prove it." He speaks.

I didn't miss a beat as I leant up, pressing a firm kiss to his lips. When our lips disconnect I bury my face into his neck, his hand being wound into my hair.

"Our baby's going to be okay Blair , I promise."

But I didn't know if I could believe his promise.

******

After calling the doctor in and getting all the information we needed for my situation, I was able to leave. But the only thing was we aren't able to take Brynn home.

"I just need some clothes, and then I guess that's it." I tell Harry.

He hasn't been himself since I've awoken or probably all morning, and I haven't been myself since I woke up either. Neither of us have. "Lou already went to get you some clothes." He informs me. All he receives is a tight nod in response.

After Harry and I had spent some time together Louis had came in and visited with me. He made me actually laugh, but the happy feeling didn't last long. Everything feels off without having my baby with me anymore. And the worst part is I'll have to leave her at this hospital and wait for the worst. Doctors said I could see Brynn once I an released, and that's why I'm becoming so impatient for Louis to arrive with my change of clothes.

Harry and I sit in silence. We don't know what to say to each other. All we know is that we have to fear if our baby will even make it through the night. All I want to do is be able to see her, even though I don't know if I could even hold her. Harry couldn't, they said her body temperature was too low to even be held is what Harry told me. When Louis returned I hurriedly changed into my clothes, Harry and I saying goodbye to Louis before signing me out. As we walked down the hospital halls he held my hand, and it reminded me of when we would roam these halls with my father when he had been here.

All we could do was look at our baby, unable to take her from her little bed which she rested in. And as I stared down at her as well as Harry, I wanted to burst into tears at the sight of wires being connected to her little chest, trailing into a machine to track her heart rate and body heat. Her hands were the tiniest things I'd ever seen, and I wish I could see her eye which are closed shut. The eyes which Harry told me resembled my own. And he was right, her hair is pretty thick for a new born baby. I tried to picture what it might look like when she grew older, her hair turning into curls just like her dads.

When the sound of the beeping machine that tracked her poor heartbeat started to drive me insane, Harry took notice of my tense body that his arms were wrapped round, whispering in my ear that we can go if we need to. I nod my head as I feel the tears coming on, letting him lead me away from our child to go home empty handed.

~~~~~~

I'm sorry if it wasn't long enough for you're liking but I know you wanted an update! So, I know this chapter isn't great, but stick with me because shit's about to go down soon!

So, comment and vote! Tell you're friends about this story as well as fix a heart. I just noticed that fix a heart has 2.4 million reads and that's so great! I hope this sequel begins to get more reads so spread it around?:)

I love you my dear readers;) Thankyou for sticking around and reading the sequel