Author's Note

I plan to conclude this story with this, but I do plan to create oneshots with these characters in an effort to make a more...real experience. This story was intended for two things: 1) to help me become a better writer 2) to teach everyone about the 'Rebound Character'.

I am sure that everyone who is reading this is familiar with who a rebound character is. It's in practically every romance that is written, but I'm not sure if everyone calls that character by such a name. For example, the rebound character in Twilight is Jacob Black. (It's the most obvious and wellknown character I could think of.) While Eddy is away, Bell plays with Jacob, stringing him along in an effort to get over her previous boyfriend, only to return to him the second he returns. If you think about the other stories you are reading here in Wattpad, you will notice that the main character has their 'true love' and the 'rebound character'.

What I'm trying to say here is... although I understand why everyone hates Benedict for what he did, I believe it is because of how I projected him in this story. If I had written this story solely based on Benedict's point of view, I am sure that there would be more who agree with what he did because he did it in the name of love. However, since it was mainly from Edith's point of view and Benedict had done what many main characters in stories do, he is hated. Yet, in the other books, the main character is not hated (as strongly, if at all) for doing the same thing. And I believe it is because we are closer friends to Edith than to Benedict and the rest of the characters.

Now, because I am Edith's friend and creator, I also wanted to let Edith have her own happily ever after. There are people out there who cling onto the one they are not meant to be with because they do it in the name of love. Which is why I think love is a confusing thing. But to me, love that only breaks your heart isn't love. So, which is why Edith broke away from what was hurting her and discovering on her own what a pure love was. Alec is a better match for Edith because he picked her as his first priority, something that I believe is especially important to who Edith is as a person. And although I'm sure someone out there wants Edith and Benedict to be together, I think they are better apart.