7

I woke up to my phone ringing. I had a huge headache and I said nothing.

"Hello?"

I wiped my eyes and heard "Oh honey! You actually picked up this time! How's it going?! Do you like your new job?! Have you found your mate yet?! Did your sister find you okay?!"

"Mom...I can't-. I have to tell you guys something. You won't like it."

"What is it?"

I sighed and said "Can you and dad come down here please? I can't tell you over the phone."

"Honey what's wrong? You sound like you're going to cry?"

I sighed and said nothing.

"Let me talk to her."

My mother handed the phone over to my father.

"Hey honey. Is your sister there?"

"No."

"Can you tell her we called when she gets back?"

I sighed and said "No."

"Why not?"

"Like I told mom, I can't tell you over the phone."

He was silent for a while and finally said "What the hell happened to your sister?"

I closed my eyes and said "I can't-."

"Tell me now."

I closed my eyes and said "She's dead dad. Rouges killed her while I was a work yesterday."

"What?"

I knew my mother was listening in because I could hear her crying her eyes out.

"I did everything I could. I really did."

I broke down in tears again. My phone was taken out of my hand and I heard "I know this is short notice but...you're welcome to come down here and you can stay here as long as you need to. Also feel free to bring down pack trackers. I have my own down here trying to track down the rouges who did this."

"We'll be down there."

I put the phone back to my ear and said "Call when you land. We'll be at the airport soon enough."

"Okay pumpkin. Love you."

"Love you too."

I hung up and dressed.

"Are you hungry?"

"No. I think I just need something to distract me."

I looked in the mirror and sighed. My eyes were red and blotchy, my hair was a mess, and my face was pale as hell.

"I think you need to eat."

He took my hand and said "Come on. We won't go into work for a while."

"Okay."

I lay my head on his shoulder and he lead me downstairs.

"Oh princess."

He kissed my head and I said "I don't need pity. I want those basterds caught and punished already."

"I know you do baby. We'll catch them as soon as we can."

"I just want to know why they did this and why they're tracking me down."

"So do I."

I sat down and he started making breakfast. I sighed and his beta came in.