Chapter 4

Lunch time finally came and I was stood up at Amelia and I’s meeting place, oh I wonder what she’s doing.

I sighed and looked down as my patience clocked out. 

Who was I suppose to hang out with now? Tash? Hillary?

Some best friend Amelia is, leaving me with those two.

Standing there like a loner, I jolted and screamed as my sides where squeezed.

Letting out an ”AHHH”, I spun around to find a laughing Coby. I should of guessed, who else was he going to hang with?

His perfect laugh faded out as he stood, ankle crossing the other and running a hand threw is sun streaked, sandy brown hair.

I had recovered from the tickle ages ago and found myself staring at this glorious boy.

He half smiled. Showing some of his perfectly aligned, pearly whites.

Dear god, I swear I just died inside.

”What up, B-dizzle” he said, zig-zagging his head to bring me back to reality.

I snapped back into it fast.

uh – I thought before answering

”Not much, C-dawg” I acted smooth. I could tell, that he knew I wasn’t as smooth and chill as I sounded.

We started walking.

”Where’s… Amy” he said, knowing her actual name.

”Amelia” I corrected his silliness, “And she’s probably with her dick of a boyfriend”

Coby looked shocked at my small, sudden outburst.

”Reow” he winked, “I sense jealousy”, his voice lingering on.

Surprised, I stopped walking, put my hands on my hips and stood my ground.

”Oh heeeelll no” Moving my head in a slight circle.

He showed his pearly whites once again.

They melted me.

After letting out a small chuckle, he mocked Amelia,

”Oh Brookie” he paused, I sent him a slight nudge. “There’s nothing to be jealous about, it’s Ryan right? That guy in English? Girl, you can do way better” He let his gay voice go and started laughing at the deadly, yet smriky stare I was giving him.

As we sat at an outside table, my mind kept wondering about last night, I was determined to get answers.

Looking him seriously, straight in the eye, questions began to be asked.

”Why’d you boost off last night?” My eyes still clinging to his, he tried to avoid them.

”Family issues” I was surprised he answered, then I felt sort of guilty. My mind was still anxiously, bursting with questions, though I was trying to hold them back.

”Oh” was all that seemed to come out of my sympathetic mouth.

I could see Coby’s light blue, shimmering eyes bouncing off everything.

It was quiet for a moment.

Then Amelia arrived.

With Ryan.

His eyes always made me feel violated, like they were looking right through me with sickening thoughts.

I  can’t see what Amelia see’s in him. Oh wait.

Reputation, got it.

Shutting my eyes, to close out Ryan, I sighed and turned my head.

Next, the most amazing thing happened.

Coby saved me from this unbearable moment.

”Brooklyn, can you show me where my other classes will be?” he asked without breaking his act.

I shot up. “Sure!” shot out my mouth with all the enthusiasm I had.

Snatching his timetable to complete the act, we starting walking off.

As we got around the corner, we stopped.

”Oh my god, thank you so much” I said while wrapping my arms around him for a second or two.

”You’re welcome, but you could use some acting skills, I saw that disgust all over your face when he arrived” he suggested then laughed while taking his timetable back once again. The bell rang.

”He’s meant to see it” I poked my tongue out while walking to my next class.