BAAM (20)

Pic of Eliza =>

I quickly fixed my hair and make up and proceeded down the stairs. Dad was standing in front of the door, blocking Hunter from view. Probably making sure he couldn't come in. When I got to the last step I gave my dad a look that could only mean "be nice".

"Hey, Hunter." I smiled at him.

Hunter returned my smile. "Hey. You ready to go?"

I nodded as I grabbed my purse and jacket, though I didn't really need it. "Yeah, let's go."

"Hold it!" Dad held a hand up, blocking my way out. "Home no later than nine. Sharp." That was too early for my taste, it only gave us an hour and a half, but I knew there was no room for arguing. The next thing he said was directly for Hunter. "Hurt her, or even touch her, and I'll rip you apart. Got it, boy?"

If Hunter wasn't nervous before, he sure was now. "Yes, sir." He led me out of the house, all gentleman-like, it was very sweet of him.

"So where are we going?" I asked as he started up the car.

"Well, I guess a movie is out, since I can't keep you out for very long, so I guess dinner, and if you'd like, we could go on a trail and walk. There's not much else to do around here, one of the bad sides of living in such a small town, huh?"

I groaned and faced him, folding my leg leg under me. "I know. The nearest mall is too far away. There's hardly any buildings around here, so there's really no place for us young people to just hang out."

Hunter glanced over at me quickly, smiling, before putting his attention back to the road. "Well, there is this one place that I know of...."

"Really? What is it?"

"It's sort of on the outskirts of town. It's kind of like a club. I go occasionally, you know, to blow some steam."

I gave him a wide smile. "Why don't we go there?"

"You sure? There's a lot of underage drinking, I don't want you to feel influenced to drink."

"Let's go. It'll be fun. Is there dancing?"

He smirked. "What kind of club would it be if there wasn't any dancing?"

Now I felt stupid. "Oh," I laughed at myself.

After a while of driving Hunter pulled up into the parking lot of what looked like an abandoned building. The place had no sign indicating that it was a club and seemed pretty deserted. "Are you sure this is the place?" I asked as we got out of the car. There were no lights and the only sound I heard was the chriping of crickets.

"Yeah, this is it." He locked the car and came to my side to throw his arm around my shoulders. "They like to keep it hush, hush, so that they don't get caught serving minors and attracting the attention of squealers." He led me closer to the dark building. "It'll be more lively inside, I promise."

Hinter gave me no reason to dobt him, but it was entirely too quiet. Unless the walls were majorly sound-proof, their was absoultely no music, no people shouting over said music, and there was no bouncer! Wasn't every club supposed to have a bouncer standing outside checking ID and look intimidating? This one didn't. As he led me closer to the door I started to feel a sense of dread, like something was about to go down. Something terrible. Hunter must of felt me tense up, because he gave my shoulder a comforting squeeze.

Opening the door, Hunter motioned me in before he let it shut softly behind us. The enterance was dark, but with my semi-wolf sight, I could see a bit more clearly. Shadows littered the room. There wasn't a shred of light anywhere. I continued to follow Hunter further into the building. It was really strange that there wasn't any people lingering in the halls.