BAAM (19)

Pic of Ellcie =>

It was finally Friday, I couldn't even describe how much I was looking forward to it. I was more than excited. Not only was I having a date with Hunter, but for the first time since my "change" I was able to go out somewhere other than school. Sadly, not everyone matched my excitement.

"I still don't see why you're going on this date with him." Mom had been complaining all morning. Ever since she woke me up to get ready for school she tried to convince me to cancel.

"Mom," I groaned, for what seemed like the gazillionth time within only an hour, "I like him. Besides, it's only a date, it's not like were planning a May wedding."

Mom dropped the plate she had been holding. "What?! Why would you even mention that?!"

I fetched the broom from the supply closet, handing it to her. "Relax, mom, I know how you, and everyone else, feels about Hunter. I just wish you'd give him a chance."

"I wish you'd just give Marcus a chance," I heard her mumble. Then she sighed. "Fine! You are going with some friends, right?"

I hesitated. "Um, no, it's just going to be the two of us."

Mom stopped her sweeping and looked at me. "Absolutely not," she stated.

"What?!"

"I don't trust him, Holly, and you shouldn't either!" She continued. "Don't give me that look. "Hunter isn't all he seems to be. He comes from a bad family, Holly. I just don't want you to get hurt. In any way."

I picked up my bag and roughly threw it over my shoulder. Grabbing one of the fresh muffins, I stomped to the front door. Flinging it open, I stopped and turned to face her. "I'm going on this date, whether you like it or not. Just him and me. If you can't accept it, then I see no reason why we should continue this conversation."

Mom sat the broom down and came closer to me. "I can't let you see him alone, Holly."

"I am seventeen years old, mom. You can't keep telling me what to do. I'm not a little girl anymore, I make my own decisions. If seeing Hunter alone is mistake, then it is my mistake to make." I paused, realization taking over. "You just don't like him, because you want me with Marcus."

Mom didn't deny it. "He's your mate, Holly," she sneered. "You can't keep pushing him away. You can't see Hunter, especially Hunter. One of these days, you're going to hurt not only him, but yourself as well for not accepting him for who he is to you. Fate chose you two to be together."

I turned back to the door. "Fate doesn't choose who I accept, mom, I do." I walked out of the house and headed to my car. I no longer felt like going to school.

There was a diner down the road. I had decided to stop there and skip school. Probably not the best thing to do in a small town like Evanswood, there were plenty of people ready to snitch, I'm sure.

Parking my car, I got out and headed inside. The small diner was usually a teen hang out, and with them in school, there wasn't many people inside. I sat in a booth and took out my phone to text Hunter, waiting for the waitress to come take my order. I didn't have to wait long.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" a familiar voice spoke.

I hid my text message and looked up. Ellcie, the girl that Tilly and Alana introduced me to at that party I wasn't supposed to attend, stood in front of me, smiling, in a creamy yellow uniform dress with a white name tag pined on the left side of her chest, pen and pad in hand. "Skipping."