Chapter ~ One: Marriage, with a Prince

****************************

There is rumour that a beautiful princess lives in a hidden village in Arabia. Her skin is like the golden sands reflecting the sunset and her hair frames her curved body in black silk. A body no man could dream of. Her eyes are deep brown but with fiery gold flecks dancing within. They say she is a goddess of beauty, the queen of lust and . . . an untouched princess.

"Saniya. Saniya!"

I groaned at the piercing, croaky voice and dove my head underneath a pillow.

"Saniya. Saniya, wake up!" 

I growled and jerked up right from the bed. "What?" There was no one in the room. I sighed as I realised that Nyla was screaming from downstairs.

"You have a letter from the Yarub Kingdom!" Nyla shouted, it sounded urgent.

I grunted in frustration. What did that Prince want? I did not want to wake up to hear this! I threw the bed covers off; I just had to get this over with. I jumped to my feet and stretched my arms in the air. My black hair fell over my back in soft waves, reaching below my waist.

I stormed out of my room not bothering to glance in the mirror. I just wanted to wrap this up quickly, so there was no need to be presentable.

The air was hot and humid making the cool white tiles bliss to my bare feet. The whole palace was floored with cold tiles, helping when the weather became too dangerous to be outside.

As I made my way through the castle, it seemed that the maids and staff were already busy preparing for the day. As I passed them they bowed their heads quickly before rushing off to their duties.

I eventually came up to large oak doors, my study room. I knew Nyla would be in there. I ran a hand through my hair as I blew out an exaggerated breath. Here I go. I pulled down the golden handles and pushd open the grand doors.

The study was the only room with wooden flooring. The oak furnishings were imported from the far North and were unlike anything this land had seen.

It was borderd with bookcases of all kinds of books and behind the dark, broad table was a huge glass window, peering down on the town below.

I spent most of my time in this room. It was a place where I could be by myself and study the world. I did not get out of the palace much. There was no need to since everything I needed was here and provided for.

Although that did not stop the small wish of travelling to different lands and seeing everything that the books revealed there was out there.

Sadly, I was the only ruler of this kingdom so adventuring off to fill my own silly fantasies was out of the question.

"Saniya, how many times must I tell you!? You cannot walk around the palace wearing clothing like that," Nyla yelled, spitting the last word out.

I rolled my eyes at the short, old woman in front of me. I was still in my night wear. The cream chemise I wore reached the floor and gold threads swirled and twirled themselves lightly on the cotton material. Nyla strongly disapproved of this.

"At least cover yoursef with a gown or something."

 I dismissed her statement. "Read me the letter," I demanded, crossing my arms across my chest.

Nyla sighed then tore open the cream coloured letter. She pulled out a thick piece of paper covered in black inked handwriting. She then cleared her throat and began to read aloud:

"Dearest Princess Saniya Fayha,

We have not met but I have been told that your beauty is nothing to compare to and that you are young and have no king. I also know that you are the ruler of the Radia Kingdom and are near the sea. Therefore you are an easy target for pirates and other invaders.