Appendix A: The Mindscape Program

This was initially some notes I made to help me edit this beast. It might simplify things. It'll probably complicate things further. Hope you like it. 

Usage

Dr. J. RavBrian Warne

Mindscapes in Practical Use

They can be considered mere tools to be used in the psycho analysis and interpretation of various other facets of the overall mental health of the subject collected using regular psycho-analytical and psychiatric techniques.

Do not attempt if patient has a history of photosensitive epilepsy and radiation poisoning.

1 – Procedure

Ensure patient is in state of complete and absolute relaxation. Use hypnotization if need arises.

Administer 1st dosage through intravenous injection fifteen minutes prior to procedure or via tablets administered buccally six hours prior. Keep careful watch over heart rate and body temperature. Ensure that heart rate does not go over a hundred to a hundred and twenty bpm and that temperature remains below 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

Patient will begin to feel drowsy.

When pupils dilate, begin flashing lights in the following pattern.

Right Eye

Left Eye

Red

Blue

Red

Green

Red

Red

Green

Cyan

Green

White

If patient is still awake, wait for ten to fifteen minutes and begin patterns again and continue up till the patient is unconscious.

The patient will have entered a hallucinatory stage (with the drug being essentially a hallucinogenic).

Set timer for exactly 67 minutes 33 seconds.

After timer runs out, begin flashing lights again till the patient reawakens.

Begin personal interview after checking patient vitals and providing clean drinking water.

2 – Interview Questionnaire

1- Do you remember anything you dreamed about just now? (Y/N)

2- Where did you wake up/find yourself?

3- Explain the things you experienced.

4- Explains your surroundings in your dream.

5- Elucidate on any conversations you might have had in your dream.

6- What was the last thing you did before you re-emerged into the waking world?

The interview given above is merely a sample framework on which the researcher is expected to build his own questions.

In all likelihood, the patient will continue to speak about his/her experiences without there being the need for the interviewer to interject and question further.

Keep careful notes and preferably record the account of the patient.

Maintain follow up interviews every week for a month.

4 – Likely Symbols and Their Interpretations

From the interviews already conducted by my team, we have built a basic framework with which to interpret these mindscapes and use them for the psychoanalysis of the patients.

In all likelihood, the patient will mention the environment being some sort of collective settlement. A village, town or in some cases a city. The time period that the architecture belongs to, the level of technology and in some cases even details as minute as pollution levels can reflect an assortment. Smaller settlements reflect a general lack of experience with the world and education if in the higher age groups (20+). In general, patients below this age level will experience smaller settlements.

Larger settlements indicate more mature, more experienced patients with the greater amounts of memetic information.

These settlements will be populated by a variety of interactive 'characters' (for want of a better term). These can include people, animals, celebrities or any other animate or inanimate object.

Of these, there will be a majority of characters belonging to the same type. For example, a village populated by speaking doves was recorded in one of our cases.

These can be chalked down as representations of the genes and memes. These are, of course, complex concepts that cannot be layered down into units, however the mind often indulges in such abstractions for its own convenience.

Of these, the genes and memes will include one or two primary units that define the patient. Again, a person is far too complex a subject to generalize into one or two units. However generalizations such as 'the smart one' , 'the pretty one' are common among people. In much the same way, the mind generalizes towards itself.

Play close attention to the memes and genes the patient interacts with the most in his/her dream. Pinpointing what the mind considers to be the primary units of 'self' can be very useful in understanding the subject and her personalized needs.

Pay attention to the events that take place within the dream. Destruction and other forms of violence in the dream can reflect serious abuse in the past of the patient and the fears the patient feels regularly.

If possible, attempt experiment on a parent and child and the researcher would find various similarities. This is obviously because of the inherited genes and memetic activity picked up by the child on close proximity with the parent. This would reveal volumes about the state of the relationship between the parent and child and can be very useful for counselling methods.

5 – Notes

There are various chemical similarities between the drug and Phencyclidine (commonly called angel dust). The drug is technically a dissociative hallucinogen. No cases of addiction/overdose have developed yet after our conduction of about 236 experiments. However, use with caution.

The foundation is not responsible for any physiological and/or psychological damage cased to any individuals due to the use of the drug/light combination equipment and any other techniques mentioned here.