Chapter 2: Lessons begin

Hi everyone this is going to be short. I am going to be traveling for 7 hours tomorrow so I will be planning out the next few chapters and be typing them out when I have the time while on vacation. So here it is chapter 2.

Chapter 2: Lessons Begin

I wake up an hour before dawn the next morning and get dressed in a black shirt and pants. Draco is still asleep so I leave him to his sleep. I can hear Carmen working in the kitchen down stairs. Oh come on, she even has to cook for me. This is going to be a long three years. I walk down stairs and into the kitchen. Carmen continues working on breakfast while I watch.

"Ma'am, breakfast shall be done in a bout two minutes," says Carmen.

"Thank you Carmen and please just call me Reina. I can cook for myself dear, you do not have to do this for me," I tell her.

"I am sorry, Lady Reina but I was told that your studies shall be taking up much of your time," she replies. "After breakfast a teacher is coming to give you etiquet lessons and she will be here until lunch. After lunch is you dress fittings."

"Very well," I say, as Carmen sets the food down on the table.

I hear Draco running down the steps. He enters the kitchen and jumps up into a seat. He seem to have a smile on his face which causes me to break down laughing. When I stop laughing, I pick up the correct fork to use for a breakfast of eggs and bacon. We all sit down and eat the breakfast that Carmen fixed. It took a dew minutes to convince Carmen to sit down and eat with Draco and I. After I finish, I turn and see a woman of about thirty year of age standing waiting for me.

"Well at least you know table manners. That is one less thing for me to have to teach you. One thing that needs some major work is your posture. Come with me and we shall start your lessons," she orders.

I sigh and follow her to my study. I gasp at what I see. There is three book cases full of the books that I have to learn about in three years. My desk is by the window and has a cushioned chair behind it. The woman grabs my hand and spins me in a circle.

"My name is Silvia. This is a corset and it will help you keep your posture correct. I am also going to be placing a wood board on for our lessons until we start dance in about two months," she tells me before slipping the corset over my head.

Oh this isn't to bad. Silvia begins tighten the strings and I feel the air being forced out of my lungs. Oh my gosh how in the world am I expected to do anything in this corset. I can barely breath let alone move.

"Alright that is tight enough for now but soon I will begin to tighten it some more. Watch me," Silvia orders.

How can this become any tighter. Any tighter and I will not be able to move at all. I watch as Silvia acts like she is gathering a skirt and sits smoothly down in the chair. She motions for me to sit. I try and nearly collapse to the floor. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO SIT WITHOUT BENDING MY BACK ANY.

"Oh lord, I forgot the wooden board," Silvia says. "Stand up."

What more can the wooden board do to help me? Silvia takes the wooden board and places it along my back. Oh this will be easy. Oh how wrong I am. She forces the board all the way against my spine and tightly ties it to my middle back. She moves my shoulders back and slips a smaller board in between my shoulder blades and beneath the blades to keep them in that position. Oh lord in heaven how can the ladies stand those ladies stand this. The board between my shoulder is absolutely killing me. I need relief please. 

"Sit down," she orders. I sit down quickly. "No much to quickly and head up. The status of people are...."

Silvia continues to have me sit and stand for the next four hours. She tells me about peoples statuses and how to address people of each status. By the end of next week she wants me to have read the ettiqute book that she gave me over peoples positions in life.  By lunch time I am ready to kill whoever came up with this wicked invention called the wooden board. I say but this on a mans back for torture and after a few hours he would give you what you want out of him. 

Carmen brings lunch into the study around noon and Silvia leaves after giving Carmen instructions on how to remove the boards and corset after I am done eating. I try to convince Carmen to release me from the contraptions while I eat but she had to  follow the teachers orders about my education. Oh come on really I have to sit here and eat with a straight and hurting back as well as hurting shoulders. This is no fun and I feel sorry for myself. While I am eating lunch, Draco comes and sits in my lap. He rubs his head against my arm and tries to comfort me but the pain is to much for me to recieve much comfort from the small movement.

After the lunch, the dress makers come in and begin to take my measures and shoe size. By the time they are done, I am in need of sleep but I decide to read about twenty pages of  the ettiquette book and ten from the first law book.. I finish my work around dusk. By the time I get to the bed I am ready to drop dead. I fall asleep the moment my head hits the pillows.

Well night guys. I saud that it would be short but it is not as short as I thought it would be well night. I'll have some up friday night or saturday afternoon depending on how things go friday.