Chapter 6: A Change of Plans

Hey guys I know that I said it wwould be uploaded by six pm three days ago but I have been having internet problems and then I had promissed that other stories would be updated. I am sorry for that but to make up for it I am going to try and make this chapter three or four pages long. I'll see what I can do I have plans for this chapter so it will not be very hard to hit three I think. Well as I always says sit back and enjoy the chaos. You will find out why soon.

Chapter 6: A Change in Plans

After breakfast a knock sounds on my door.  Carmen opens the door and lets a runner into my home. I look up and see that he is in the coolors of a runner for the Arian Royal Family. I stand up and look at him.

"I am sorry for not being ready to recieve a guest but I am usually left to my studies this early in the morning," I tell him.

"That is alright Lady but I have a message to deliver for Lady Reina," he says.

"That is me," I say.

"You are requested for a treaty meeting which is to occur in a hour. It is to happen in the Grand Meeting Room(A/N: Yes I know not very unique but I am only using the meeting room once so why make a name for it)," he delivers the message.

"Thank you I shall be there by then," I say for him to relay to his king.

The messenger bows and leaves the room and my home swiftly. I sigh with Draco. We both know we are going to have to delve into politics and extreme etiquete. Thank the gods that I studied all of the ettiquete and politics books last year just in case I would have need of it. Draco walks outside so that he can sun bathe while I get ready for the meeting. Carmen follows me up the stairs as I think of how the meeting is going to go.

"Reina what should I get out for you to wear," Carmen asks.

"The black gown with the blue rose vine(yes I know roses dont grow on vines but go with it) wraping around the dress," I reply. "No jewlery or make up this time."

"Yes ma'am," she responds.

I change out of my night gown and watch wipe my face off witha rag from the wash basin.I put on a corset so that all Carmen has to do is tighten it. Carmen comes into the room with my dress. I smile at it. It is one of my faveoritedesigns. It is ankle length and ties around the neck instead of having sleeves. The last rose sits directly under my neck. It  has wide skirts making movement much easier than the tight skinned dresses. Carmen tightens the corset and helps me into the dress and ties it for me. While she straightens out the dress I brush my hair and put it up in a bun. I walk outside and Draco steps to beside me. We walk to the Grand Meeting Room. Servants bow to me as I pass. They only do this when very important guests are in the palace because I have asked them to not bow unless it is so. When we reach the doors, a solider opens the door for me. I smile at him before entering the room.

"Lady Reina Mortina, rider of the Black Dragon Draco," says the guard so that everyone in the room knows who I am.

I curtsy barely to my king and queen but lower for the visiting royalty. The men of both royal families bow some. Queen Lillith(Leon's wife) just sneers at me. I recognize everyone but one person a young man who seems to be a copy of John. Ross bows lower than the royalty. I wait for the royalty to sit down again before taking my seat. Draco lays down behind me and wraps his tail protectively around the chair and across my lap. I rub my hand across his tail to soothe him.

"Reina allow me  to introduce you to my son, Prince Dom," says John.

"It is nice to finally meet the renowned Prince Dom. I have heard much about your work in your lands," I say with a bow of my head.

"Ah I see some one around here has actually heard of me," says Dom.

"Of course I grew up learning from healers and then working  my way up the middle class ladder with a friend," I told him, "how would i not know the person who was creating healing houses even if they were in another country?"

"Very true," he says.

"Alright let us get back to buisness. I demand at least two hundred acres of land so that my people can have a better hunting grounds. We are out growing our lands," demands John.

"Then stop multiplying so much," demands Leon.

Ross and Dom growl at that reply. I shake my head at Leons bluntness. Bluntness can never really get someone any where in depolmacy unless it is in demands or requests. He really needs to work on that.

"Why so much," demands Lillith.

"Would you like for him to come back in twenty or thirty years to demand even more lands," I ask her.

"Shut up girl what do you know," hisses Lillith.

"I know how people are. People multiply and they like to have lands of their own and so they go off and get what they want. Trust me I grew up with that concept being practically drilled into my head. You must go for what you want when it is offered for you may never have the chance to again," I tell her in a calm voice. "While things were practically handed to you on a gold or silver platter I had to work my way up in the world. I had to struggle to get where I am."

"Keep reminding me of that girl and I will have you thrown back where you belong," she nearly growls out.

"Oh what the slums. Hah I bet you would not survive a day on those streets. You would be begging to be running back here in less than three or  four hours," I tell her.

"I do not think so. I go down there and check the healing houses," she replies.

"Oh the healing houses are on the out skirts of the slums. They are the cleanest and you can not stand to be there for more than two hours," I tell her still calmly.

Her face gets red in anger and she storms out of the room to calm down. I shake my head at her actions. I face the group, and Dom, John, and Ross are all staring at me in wonder.

"I grew up in the slims and made my way to the upper part of the middle clas in sixteen years. I had to earn my way. It was not given to me," I tell them.

"Anyways back to my demands. i want Reina to willingly mate my son Dom," John states.

Leon stands up in anger and moves around the table. He tries to hit John. I jump up from my seat and stop him before he is even half way to John. I shake my head to him.

"That would be a bad move King Leon. It is not your decision if I accept that part. Give them the land and all of this will be settled," I tell him.

"Why would you accept the demands of being that things mate," demands Leon.

Dom growls loudly while Draco is starting to become angry. I turn away from Leon and go back to Draco's side.

"I am doing this because I can see in his eyes that his wolf has declared me his mate. I can not feel the pull because as an elf we are not controlled by the pushes and pulls of mating. Once we mate we mate for life. I can tell he will not harm me and will always love me. I am doing this for  me as well as this country and him," I say.

Draco becomes angrier with every sentance that I say. He is growling low in warning for the wolves to stay away from me.

'Calm Draco please. I will stilll be with you. We will just move to a different country and being happier. Here i would be in misery until Leon stepped down from the throne,' I remind him.

Draco starts thrashing his tail and I motion for everyone to get out of the room. As Dom passes him by Draco moves to swipe him with his claws. I see this and push him out of the way taking the blow myself.

'No Reina. No,' cries Draco as  everyone leaves the room incuding Dom.

Dom understands that I must take care of this myself and that Draco did mean to hurt me. My body hurts where he scratched me but my magic is healing it. I rub my hand on his head in a soothing manner. I smile up at Draco letting him know no lasting hurt done and that I forgive him. Draco places his head on my shoulder and hums.

Alright guys that was chapter 6. I hope you enjoyed it. Bye.