Chapter 6- It's Skipping School, Not Robbing A Bank

“World History is such a stupid class,” I whine the next morning at school as I collect my morning classes materials.

“Yes, yes it is. I think that English with Schuster, however is worse,” Clark sighs, closing her copy of The Scarlett Letter.

“Did you seriously re-read that entire book, Clark?” Holland wonders, approaching us with a somber look upon on her face.

“Yeah,” Clark confirms. “I told you guys that I was going to. I need to pass this test,” She defends.

“Bullshit,” Holland scoffs. “You can freaking fail the quiz and still be passing the class with an ‘A’.”

“Yes, but I don’t want to fail,” Clark explains, then looks over at me. “You’re so luck that you have Pushover Papperman.”

“Pushover Papperman?” I echo, closing my locker, then looking down at my phone- 8:40, we have five minutes until we’re late, which is all fitting and proper considering the fact that our lockers are pretty close to Holland and Clark’s English class and my World History classroom. “Is that what other people call her?” I wonder.

“Yeah, because she’s probably the easiest teacher in the entire school- not just the senior class. All of them, Aria!” Holland wails.

“Oh, come on Holland, you’re being ridiculous. Besides, you can’t pick your teachers, you just gotta live with them.” I defend.

“Apparently so,” Holland sighs heavily. “On the bright side though, TMZ says that Mason Carter is headed back to the States now.”

“Oh, yeah?” I ask, my face going a little red since I know that Mason’s back in the states already and has been for a few days now.

“Mhm, he’s apparently due back at his Hollywood Mansion in a few hours,” She continues, flipping through some gossip magazine.

“Oh my gosh, I cannot wait for Maybe You.” Clark chimes, pushing a lock of her newly dip-dyed hair- the ends are now a dark blue color and she has it slightly curled, which isn’t really surprisingly. Clark’s hair is naturally straight, so she’s one of the lucky girls in the world, but she has this fascination with her curling wand, so she usually always has the ends curled or at least a bit wavy.

“Right?” Holland gushes. “Aria, are you sure you don’t wanna come with us? It’s totally your kinda movie,” She informs me.

“Pretty sure,” I laugh, shaking my head and hoisting up my heavy World History book. “I’m also pretty sure that it’s almost time for the bell to ring, so I’m gonna go to class now- see you guys at lunch.” I bid them goodbye before walking across the short hall and into my classroom. My World History classroom is directly parallel to my locker, so that’s helpful, I think. Out of the door I can still hear Clark and Holland still gushing about Mason’s movie as they walk together to their English class.

In the classroom, I walk towards the front and plop down in my desk, just as the tardy bell sounds. I don’t really have that many friends in my World History class and Mr. Griffin doesn’t really let us talk, so I’m usually pretty quiet in this class. Mr. Griffin stands up from his desk- he’s a young man and to be frank, he really reminds me of Ezra Fitz from Pretty Little Liars. Not in the sense that I think that he’s having/had an affair with one of his students, but he’s really young and a bit unorthodox and unconventional. He is pretty strict though about the talking. He walks up to the SMART board and picks up one of the ‘markers’ for it before launching into a ridiculously boring discussion about The Great Depression.