Chapter 5

"ok lets search in here,since we assume this is thomas' room too"chad said.

We all searched my closet,dressers,the mirror,under the bed,behind the dashboard,and the walls and ceilings and found nothing.

"me and allison will check more rooms up here,chad you go check i the kitchen,and eric and nicole you guys check the basement"sam says and we all nod.

Me and eric go down to the basement,there isnt much light sob eric uses a flashlight,there are spider webs everywhere and boxes that were there before we moved in.

"i wonder what those are"eric says,pointing to them.

I walk up to one box and open it,its a bunch of old pictures,of a man and a younger boy.

"i wonder if this is thomas and that boy,but the blog said he had no living relatives on file,but the neighbors used to see a young man visiting him alot"i say.

"hmm"eric says,while studying another set of pictures.

All of them are just in the house or outside of it.

"maybe.."i think harder,"maybe this young boy,killed thomas"right when i say those words,an old bottle on one of the shelves falls off and breaks.

I jump and eric comes closer to me,

"its almost like thomas answered you"eric whispers,and then another bottle crashes to the floor.

We hear a scream,it sounds like two girls screaming,but theres only allison here,our eyes widen and we dart up the basement stairs.

"there up in my room"i say,

When we get there,allison is sitting on my bed,hugging her knees,with sam sitting next to her rubbing her back.

"what happened?"i ask,

"there was something in here,it looked demon-like and it had fire coming out of its eyes,it was horrifying"sam says.

"dude,was that you and allison screaming like little girls,i mean i expect that from her...not you" chad says,and we all hold back laughs.

I walk over to allison,"you okay?"i ask her,"i think so.i just got really scared"she says.

"we need to go back down to the basement and check things out,all of us. Together."i say.

We go back down in the basement and again,and each of us pick up a box and bring it upstairs into the living room.

Chad opens one,and its more pictures,basically of the same thing.

Allison opens one and old baby toys in it.

Eric opens another and finds a bunch of older kid toys,not very old.

"i think these are a box the family that moved here before you left"he says and i nod.

I look threw more pictures and i know for sure now that thomas had a son,theres baby pictures,and pictures of the boy when he was a toddler.

Each set of pictures shows the baby growing,but the pictures stop when he looks about eleven.

"thats odd.the pictures stop after he reaches this age"i point to the picture.

"maybe because thats when the man died"sam says,i shake my head,

"no,thomas is young in these photos so this is years before he died".

None of us knew what to say,because none of us understood.

He had a son when he was younger,but he didnt take pictures of him when he turned a certain age.

Then before he died,his neighbors saw a boy visiting him,but if it was his son,he would have been alot older then the boy they saw,and why woulf no one know about him having a child?