Progess... Well, Somewhat.

It's been 3 weeks and I've tried to get the new girl attention. Every time I try to talk to her, she avoids me. I sit down in a empty chair and began to look at her. I found out that her name is Lourdes Capitule. It's something about her. She seems different from the other girls.

As I sit and wonder why she likes to diss me, Jordan comes up to me and taps my shoulder.

"Yo... You need tah let it go.. She ain't thinkin bout ya yellow butt."

"Bruhhh. Imma get her too. Just watch." I responded to him. He sat down next to me and slapped his notebooks on the table.  

"Mane, why you so caught up on her?" He asked.

"I honestly don't know.. It's just.. Something about her..she's different."

Lourdes looked over at me. I shot her a genuine smile and she looked down at her notebook. I slouched in my chair and let out a silent sigh.

"Man... Get over her.. It's plenty of girls that you can go get. Stop worrying about her." Jordan stated.

"You know, you're right. I need to chill." I began my school work to get my mind off of Lourdes. When I started writing, I felt someone's eyes on me. I looked to the right and saw Lourdes looking at me. I smiled and she mirrored the smile, but soon realized what she was doing. Her smile faded as she turned around and started on her work. I smiled to myself, satisfied that she looked my way.

***

{Lunch Time}

I walked straight to the vending machine when I got in the lunchroom. Our school lunch sucks. I pulled out 2 one dollar bills from my wallet and began scan over the items that were in the machine.

"Hmm, Pepperoni Hot Pocket? Nope. White castle sliders? HECKY naww, ain't tryna be gassy for the rest of the day. Hot Cheetos? Yeaaaah." I slid my two dollars in and retrieved my change from the machine. I press the numbers/letters in order to get my chips.

After getting my chips, I placed my money in my pocket and turned around to find a seat. While walking around, I noticed that Lourdes was sitting by herself.

"This is your chance." I thought. I walked over to her table and cleared my throat. "Ahem. May I sit here?" I asked. She looked around the lunch room before responding.

"Umm, there's empty tables all over this lunchroom. Why you wanna sit here?" I sat down, ignoring her question.

"Thank you." I replied and sat down. She looked at me & raised her eyebrows.

"I didn't say yes." She responded.

"I don't care." I replied, opening my chips. She smiled at me and shook her head. "Want some?" I asked, holding the bag out to her. She glared at me and slid a paper towel towards me. I poured some chips onto the paper towel and slid it back to her.

"Thanks." She said and began eating then. I nodded my head and ate a few more chips before speaking again. "Soooooo, Lourdes..."

"Soooooo, Marcus.." My eyes bucked open when she said my name. I didn't even know that she knew my name, considering we only have one class together. And she never pays any attention to me in that class.

"You know my name." I stated with a smile. I saw a smile form onto her lips before she started talking.

"Of course I know your name. We're in the same class, silly."

"Well, you never pay any attention to me... So I would have never thought you knew my name." I responded.

"Wanna know why I choose not to pay attention to you?" She asked.

"Yes, I really do." I sat up straight because I was really interested in hearing her answer.

"Because you're a thot." She replied then ate half of a Cheeto. My mouth fell open in shock. I couldn't believe that she called me a thot. While I sat in shock, she continued with her answer.

"You seem like the type to hit and quit a girl. Then, three seconds later... You're on to another one. I don't like guys like that. I don't even talk to guys like that."

"Well, you're talking to me right now. Apparently," I motioned my hands like quotation marks to place emphasis on what I was saying. "You don't think I'm a thot if you're talking to me." I place some more chips into my mouth and sat back in my chair.

"I'm only talking to you right now because I'm telling you about yourself. That's the only reason I would talk to you." She replied glanced at her phone and picked up her bookbag.

"Mhmm. Okay." I responded. She smiled at me and place her book bag on her back.

"Wait, where you going?" I asked as she cleaned up her lunch.

"I'm leaving." She replied and stood up. I stood up also.

"Wait.. But we didn't get to finish talking." I enjoyed talking to her, even though she called me a thot.

"Lunch's over, smart one." Right after she said that, the bell rang. She dumped her tray into the garbage can and began walking away.

I grabbed my bookbag from off of the floor and jogged after her. Once I caught up with her, I stopped her. "You walk fast."

"I've been told that before." There was no longer a smile on her face. She went back into her 'mean mode.' She began walking fast again. I ran in front of her and faced her.

"Wait.. What's wrong?" I asked her. I was so confused. One minute she's smiling at me, the next minute she's mean mugging me.

"Nothing. I have to go. Bye." She left me standing there with a confused face as she walked to her class. I couldn't figure out what was wrong with her so I blamed it on mother nature.

"Must be her time of the month." I concluded. I made my way to my next class, thinking about what just happened. Even though she halfway dissed me, I still want to get to know her.

----  

Requirements for next chapter :D  

5+ votes  

5 + comments 

10+ reads