Chapter One: The Boys

It all started with a video game. A video game which young Jamie happened to be playing for several hours and was getting very bored of it. He coughed loudly as the theme tune to the video game came on again, which annoyed Jamie as he had now listened to it for longer then he wanted. Jamie did not care for the snowy blizzard that was brewing outside, he had to stay inside anyway.

Suddenly the door opened revealing his beautiful mother, who came in with a tray of food. Jamie quickly paused his game as his mother came over to him. She looked towards her son with worry and concern, as she had for the past few days he has been ill. She cared for her two children very much and always took extra care of then when they were ill.

"You okay? Feeling any better?" She asked as she sat besides her son on his blue bed. She placed her cold hands against his head which happened to be boiling hot, but it was much cooler then yesterday. She looked at him with worry but gave him a smile.

"A little." He replied to her, as he felt the coldness of his mothers hands. He slowly glanced down at his favourite sandwich and he smiled happily, at the plate with the food that he loved. His mother always made his favourite when he was ill.

She quickly sat up and drew the curtains back, allowing the little amount of light of the sun to come through the window. The white blizzard outside fascinated her so, but she turned away from the winter wonderland outside and turned to her sick son. She once again sat by his bed and watched him carefully.

"I made your favourite." She said in a soft tone as she watched her son dig into his favourite sandwich, which happened to be tuna, mayonnaise and sweetcorn. She was glad enough that he was eating as when he didn't get exactly what he wanted he refused to eat it, luckily this was only when he was ill which didn't happen very often, to her relief.

"Guess what? Your farther is home." She told him with a smile that was full of pure love as she watched her son finish the first sandwich. She watched how her son smiled happily with his mouth closed, as he had stuffed the rest of his sandwich in his mouth. She let out a giggle as the door opened revealing his farther and little sister.

"Hey, how is the sickie?" His father asked which caused her to roll her eyes playfully at her husband. She smiled sweetly as her daughter began to climb on to the bed and went over to her with little giggles that slipped from her mouth.

"I'm going to leave you two boy's alone. Come on Sophie, let's leave theses two alone." She told them all as she quickly grabbed Sophie, Jamie's little sister. Sophie tried to wiggled out of her mothers arms, but her mother had a firm grip on her, causing the blond to pout in annoyance. She quickly kissed her sons forehead before she began to walk out with a complaining Sophie. Her husband watched her with pure content the whole time. He was still amazed how he got her as a wife, as well as having two children.

"I got you a special present." He told his son, as soon as his wife shut the door quietly behind her and passed him a rectangle object that was covered in Christmas paper. He watched Jamie's face lighten up as he glanced at the present and he watched how he ripped the wrapping paper with excitement. Once the paper was off the object, Jamie saw that it was a book and he looked up at his father in disbelief. Jamie was never a fan of books, he was more into sports then any wordy thing, unless it was about sport.

"A book?" He says with disbelief as he was a little disappointed at the present his father had chosen to give him. He raised his eyebrows up at his father who gave him an amused smirk.

"Yes, a book. This was this is the book my farther read to me when I was sick, and now I am going to read it to you." He told his son in a stern but friendly tone. By now his father had managed to grab his son's chair that was placed in front of his son's desk that was covered in sheets of paper. Jamie sighed as he looked at the book then back at his father.