Taking control !

Warning:  This is a poem about self harm. It is an addiction that needs to be stopped. This is in no way to promote self harm. This is a work of creativity and the evil is let to trail only on the mere aspect of it.It is in no way taking control ,as the title suggests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A cut. Ouch!"  The me of four;  
 "Will it hurt?"The me before.
"Never again.Just die" I swore,
When with blade,my arm I pore. 

My thighs and arms,Work of art,
Not caring if it harms, and it isn't smart.

My bravery! My artistry!,
"No, this is slavery."
The voice of reason, meeker as ever.
And I overpower, No longer a fighter .

Slash, cleft, burn - The pain still don't distract.
But I laugh, as life, I detract.

When issues of mind is off hands,
Why not take some pain to my plans.
For a change, I be the master.
For a second, I choose whether it's a disaster.

Ecstatic, but sick! Is it control?
No! Just an addiction, another thing out of role.

"Change!"I scream. "Don't cut, but smile."
And I smiled a wicked one, this is how it's been a while.
Raw blood, skin, an addiction just like dope.
A frenzy to compensate the lack of hope.

And the enemy blade, the one that ached
Now a close friend , a bad bad friend !!
I need to stop,"Restrain! Take control!"
That's all this was about. But then I let it troll!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Some situations in life may force us to do it,I understand the feeling completely. It is possible to restrain from it even if life screws you over . The only fact we need to understand is that ,we are only helping life to screw us more by harming ourselves.   

I dedicate the poem to all those who have ever taken that blade and thought of cutting yourself.

Kudos to all those who restrained the temptation and a salute to all those who finally took control and got over the addiction. If you fall into the 3rd ,4th and 5th category. 3rd- the addict who cannot get over it. Prayers ! I hope you do stop, the scars never go.4th-the non addict self harmers-Please restrain when you can easily. It is a request. And 5th- the ones with the blade about to cut with a decision pending.Please don't, your life is too precious.There is someone out there looking out for you. And please consider me a friend, one of you, who wish my legacy won't recur.

That is a long Author's note. 

If you liked the poem and support the initiative behind.(I guess I should write a second part about actually taking control.)Please vote.

Comment to let me know of your views.