Mel

I got the call today. Alex is pissed. But I'm meeting him at the bar anyway. "I'm leaving! Be back around eight tonight!"

"Have a date?" Jason teases and I glare at him. I sulk out the door and slip into my brother's car, glad to have his keys. Then, I drive through town to get to the bar, humming along to some Kenny Chesney CD Jason had in, but I stopped at the Quick Trip.

There was a different person at the counter. He looked as if he were my age. I didn't want to do this, I mean, Nate and I have been together for a little while now. But I had to do this. "Hey."

"Hi, can I help you?" He grins, and his dimples are so similar to Nate's.

"Yeah, I need some cigarettes."

"No offence, but I think you're too young."

I flash a smile and lean slightly over the counter. "Nope. I'm just the right age. If you give them to me for free, I'll do a little something for you." I wink and bite my lower lip, something I knew could drive a man insane.

"Uh o-okay. But g-give me s-some money so w-we don't get caught on camera." I nod and slide a ten dollar bill out of my pocket and slide it to him.

"I need, like, fifteen of those by the way." I smile and write Sean's number down on a piece of paper and slid it to him. "That's my number. Call me when your shift's over." Then, I take the cigarettes and get into Jason's old clunker and drive to the bar, going inside and finding Alex immediately.

"You're late," he snarles and I plop the cigarettes down in front of him and take a seat, taking a long drink from the cup waiting on the table. Huh, it tastes odd. "Took way too long Mel."

"I know and I'm sorry okay? They caught me again. I promise I'll be more careful next time."

"We'll see. How's your boytoy been doing? Maybe we should start with him. Or Sean. Maybe Jason." Alex is smiling, and only then do I realize the men I'm surrounded by.

"Alex no please. You want me, not them."

Alex lets out a laugh that sends shivers down my spine as his face gets closer to mine. "Sweetie, I always get my way."

My eyes widen, and just then, I'm hit in the head with something heavy. I was going to be knocked out either way, Alex drugged me.

***

I wake up in an apartment. Dark and dreary. I'm gagged and bound to a chair, but when I turn my head, I'm met with Nate. Next to Nate, is Sean. I've failed them both.

"Oh looky here. Mel's finally awake." Alex tugged on a strand of my hair and I growled against my gag. "Oh, sorry about that sweetheart." He reaches over and pulls the gag from my mouth. "Wanna explain why you're here?"

"Go to hell!" I feel tears sting my eyes and Alex chuckles at me. "You are the sleaziest, most disgusting douche bag I've ever met!"

Alex's face grows dark and he pulls his fist back, and I hear a crack as it connects with my jaw. "Okay you two, Mel met me last year. She's been providing cigarettes for me. I needed to know I could trust her. But she was late this time. This is my payback." He then smiles at Nate and Sean. "Now, who should go first? Her lover, or her boyfriend?"

I couldn't help it. I scream. Loud enough for anyone to hear. A hand clamps over my mouth, but it was too little, too late. And by now, Alex had chosen Nate to go first.

"Let's get started, shall we?" He brings his fist into Nate's gut, causing Nate to moan in pain. I struggle against the restraints, and I figured I could get out, but it would take a great deal of pain to do so.

"Aw look, she wants to save him. How sweet." Alex kneels in front of me, taking my chin in his hand. "I'm going to drag out his death and make sure it's long and painful."

Just as Alex flipped open a knife and began to make cuts on Nate, the door comes busting down, and Alex's friend gets me out of the chair, holding me in front of him, just as the police come crashing in.

"Release the girl! Now!" The officer demands as he raises his gun. There's a deafening blast, and I see spots as I fall to the ground.