Chapter 2: "Malfoy."

3rd Person;

Draco's eyes scanned over the four letters at the top of the page.

'lust.'

His mouth fell open and he looked at the other boy beside him.

"what. the. fuck." The blonde wined.

"This has got to be some sick joke." Harry laughed unsure of himself.

"Problem?" Snape approached their desk.

"Yes. We got lust. Do you really expect me to take a stupid lust potion with Harry damn Potter?" Draco said annoyed, disgust in his voice.

"Yes. I do. This is one of the most complicated potions that I have assigned, and I expect a lot from you two. So if you would stop your childishness and start the potion, that'd be wise." Snape replied coldly.

"But sir-" Harry started.

"-No buts Potter. Now work or I'll fail the both of you." Snape sneered as he walked to check on Neville's group.

"Well isn't this bloody brilliant. First I get paired with you and now I have to take a lust potion with the 'chosen one'."

"Shut it Malfoy. It's not like I want this either. Lets just start the potion before Snape comes back and kicks our asses." Harry replied.

"Whatever."

The two of the boys gathered the ingredients, careful to add the proper amounts. One horse eye, one eye of newt, serpents blood, nether weed, water, some other ingredients that they couldn't pronounce the name of and last but not least, the hair of the person you are to be lusted to which were to be added before they drank it.

By the time they finished mixing the ingredients, class was over. Now to just let it brew over night, add the hairs and drink away.

They both packed up their station, cleaning whatever mess they had made and walking to their friends without saying a word. Just a hollow glance in the others direction.

Harry walked over to Ron and Hermione who were just finishing cleaning their station. They luckily got paired together.

"Hey guys" Harry greeted as he approached them.

"Hey, Harry" Hermione cheered back.

"I can't believe you got paired with Malfoy." Ron gagged in disgust.

"Ya it sucks. What did you get for your potion?" Harry asked the two as they began to walk to lunch.

"Thoughtfulness." Hermione smiled and grabbed Ron's hand.

"Ya, we got lucky, I heard someone got lust. Man that sucks." Ron squeezed Hermione's hand and laughed.

Harry pretended to laugh. "Oh, ya. That would suck."

"What did you and Malfoy get? Trust?" Ron joked and they giggled.

"We-uh-just got-Calmness... yeah, that." Harry lied embarrassed that It was actually the two of them who got lust.

"Lucky. That would be great." Hermione sighed and rubbed Harry's head.

They turned the corner and opened the doors into the great hall. A lot of people were already in there eating, including Malfoy who sat at the Slytherin table, Crabbe beside him stuffing his face.

Harry and Draco made eye contact as Harry sat down at the Gryffindor table, then quickly lost it as Hermione started to talk to him again.

"So Harry, have you started your defense against the dark arts essay that's due in 3 days?" She asked, being stern on him finishing his work. She grabbed a bowl of soup and began to eat.

"Of course." Harry lied. "Almost finished". He grabbed a sandwich and took a big bite so he didn't have to reply to Hermione's rambling.

Harry couldn't help but glance towards the Slytherin table at that certain blonde. Harry watched him as he ate and talked to the Slytherin's around him, clearly bored. Harry had completely zoned out of his conversation with Hermione which Ron luckily took his place, being scolded for not starting his essay.

Harry shivered when the blonde his eyes have been trailing for the last few minutes looked right at him, raising an eyebrow then going back to his usual sneer. This continued until Neville tapped his shoulder, taking him out of his staring contest.

"W-what?" Harry asked zoning in.

"You okay? You and Malfoy had been giving each other these death stares for the last 10 minutes. Everyone tried to get your attention but you didn't hear them. Nearly everyone has left." Neville asked Harry concerned, his hand resting on his shoulder.

"I'm fine, don't worry." Harry glanced back towards Malfoy and he was gone now. A swoosh of blonde exiting the great hall quickly caught Harry's eyes. Had he really been staring that long and he didn't even notice? Harry was weirded out. It only felt like a minute or two.

He shrugged his shoulders and went to take a bite of his sandwich, which he soon realized was gone. He had already ate it without noticing. Weird.

He made his way towards his next class, which just so happened to be defense against the dark arts. Harry's robe slid lightly on the ground, his wands tucked into the right side of his pants, just in case anything were to happen. He would be able to cast a quick spell and be okay. Luckily that wasn't needed. He entered the class right as the bell rang and sat beside Ron.

"Glad you could zone back in. Everything alright Harry? Need to talk about it?" Ron asked bumping Harry's shoulder lightly as he sat down.

"I'm good" Harry smiled at his concerned, ginger friend.

"Alright mate" Ron smiled back.

The lesson went on boringly and finally class was over. They didn't go over anything really important but Harry decided to take some notes anyways.

Harry and Ron walked out of class and towards the pitch to play some quidditch. They grabbed their brooms out of the Gryffindor broom cupboard and walked to the field. They were nearly there when they were interrupted.

"Where do you think you're going Potter and Weasel?" They heard. They sighed and turned around. Malfoy and a few of his followers stood a few feet away from them.

"That's none of your business, Malfoy." Ron snaked back saying his name like venom.

"I hope you don't think you're practicing, It's Slytherin's tonight." Draco teased.

"Actually." Harry stepped forward towards Draco. "It's Gryffindor's practice time-"

"-don't think so Scar head." He interrupted smirking.

"You didn't let me finish." Harry started. "I have a note, from Dumbledore himself. He'd like me to touch up on my quidditch skills, since he'll be watching our next game." Harry took a note out of his pocket and unfolded it, handing it to Draco.

Draco looked mad and maybe a hint of jealous for a second then went back to his normal calmed face. Harry was confused that he let that slip. Mean, calm, collected, handsome. Harry stopped thinking for a second. Malfoy.

"Whatever. Potter. We're still going to kick your ass at that tournament anyway." Malfoy stated confidently stepping closer to Potter and getting in his face. It was quiet for a few seconds.

"Whatever helps you sleep at night." Ron retorted.

Harry and Draco looked at Ron, almost forgetting that there were other people there and stepped back.

Draco shook his head and walked away with his sidekicks following him, surprised that Draco didn't retaliate to Ron's pathetic comeback.

Harry watched as the blonde walked away, confident in every stride he took and I mean look at that ass who wouldn't be confident with that thing behind you. Harry mentally slapped himself for even thinking that and began walking the rest of the way to the pitch. Ron soon following complaining about Malfoy thinking he's all that and blah blah blah. Harry had zoned out and occasionally would agree with the ginger to make it seem like he was paying attention. Harry couldn't wait to hop on his broom and forget everything that's going on in the world.

but only one thing stuck when he was flying.

Draco.