Chapter 30 : The Birth Of Winter-Mai Bernadette Hernandez

Bruno's P.O.V.

"Hope! Are you okay? We're almost there, don't worry!"

"AH!"

"Hope, don't panic! We're almost there! Hold on babe!"

We reach the hospital, just in time too, Hope's gone into labour a couple of days early, which is fine. Well, I say fine, when we're at an interview with Jimmy Kimmel, thankfully it's not live and Hope groans, she feels wet and quickly stands up in the middle of the interview and her waters break. She screams with shock and Jimmy gets ready to call an ambulance, but it's quicker driving through the back routes so I take her in my car.

"I can't!"

"Hope, hold on, I'm going to get a doctor!"

I race into the hospital and call for help, a medical team come and get her out of the car and take her into the birthing suite, I run after after them holding her hand the whole time, they take off her pants and tell her to place her legs in a specific position. She does what she's told and she starts to push, somehow she became fully dilated within seconds. She starts pushing and Winter slowly makes her way into the world, I get a bit light-headed but I am NOT going to faint. At least I hope not. Within minutes, Hope shouts and the baby's born. She's born, no pain relief, no 13 hour labour. It was just over an hour. And I'm a dad.

"Hope, we're just going to check she's okay and then we'll let you see her okay. She was a bit blue when she was born but that's probably just because of the extremely quick birth."

"Uh-huh"

Our daughter is soon handed over to Hope, crying and screaming, but as soon as she feels her mom's skin she's calm and begins to feed. Hope passes her over to me, and safe to say I'm abit scared, she's tiny, weighing 6.7lbs born at 11:34 pm on the 12th May 2016. She's got my skin tone and curly brown hair, she looks like she's gonna have a little afro too!

"Have you decided on a name?"

Hope looks up at me and smiles.

"Winter-Mai Bernadette Hernandez"

"That's beautiful! She's a very lucky little girl to have parents like you."

I bend over and kiss Hope on her forehead. She'd given me the best gift anyone could ever ask for!

Hope's P.O.V.

I wake-up the next morning with Bruno asleep on the chair next to me, his head resting on the bed and Winter fast asleep in her cot. It sucks that we're still in hospital but we should be able to leave today, I get up and wash myself in the bathroom, I get changed and brush my hair, putting it up in a scruffy bun. I see Bruno stir and look up at me with those gorgeous brown eyes.

"Morning Daddy!"

I pick up our baby and walk over to him, sitting on his lap with Winter inbetween us. She's beautiful, a chubby little thing with Brunos brown skin and dark brown hair, thick and curly, but with my grey eyes. She didn't really look like one or the other of us, it truly was a mix of us both. Bruno wipes his eyes and takes her in his arms.

"Ready to go home?"

"Yeah! As soon as the doctor gives us the all clear, we're out!"

Soon enough the doctor walks in with a smile on his face. He tells us that a home nurse will be coming and checking up on us in a week, to see how we're doing. We get to go home! We are discharged and Bruno drives back, when we get there, I carry Winter to the door and Bruno gets our bags, the door opens for us and I see Phil! He greets me with open arms and he hugs me carefully, seeing the baby, he leads me and Bruno inside.

"Bruno... Did you plan this?"

He stays quiet but smiles at me. When we go in everyone is there! Literally, everyone! My parents, my friends, Bruno's family and friends, the band, everyone. They all congratulate us and take it in turns for cuddles with her. Out of everyone, Bruno's sisters are the most attached. They absolutely love her, my parents had come back to L.A. to see her and Hollie and her boyfriend had returned with Koren and her boyfriend. I was so happy to see everyone and we were all chatting and bonding with the new arrival. It really was happy families.

Bruno's P.O.V.

I'm glad Hope appreciates everyone being here, I thought it would be nice for her to see everyone now that Winter's in the world. A bit later into the afternoon I hear the door go, I get up to answer it and as I open the door my Jaw drops.

"Jessica..."