Chapter 24 : What about Winter?!

Bruno's P.O.V.

"Ugh, yeah, sorry Bruno, I just wish people didn't look at us in such a strange way..."

" . . . "

"Bruno?"

" . . . "

I can't speak, through her bikini bottoms and onto the sand, red, red everywhere. She looks down and screams.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!"

I hear a man behind us shout as Hope tries to move backwards, he was not helping the situation.

"SOMEBODY CALL 911!!!"

I shouted, hoping, PRAYING that she would be okay. A woman ran over to us and knelt down beside Holly who is in an uncontrollable state.

"Hope, listen to me, okay? I'm a nurse, you just need to stay calm, the ambulance will be here soon, okay? Don't make any sudden movements okay sweetie?"

I hold Hope still, and let her cry over my shoulder, she obviously knew something that I didn't.

"What's going on?"

"It looks like she's had a-"

Just before the woman could finish her sentence, the doctors come tearing through the sand and try to help Hope up. I go with her and hold her hand as they put her in the ambulance.

"It's okay baby! Shhhhh it's okay, i'm here!"

"BRUNO! What do I do?"

"Just lie still okay? They're going to help you."

The ambulance roars over the roads and reaches the hospital, Hope is still bleeding although the amount has decreased, once at the hospital they wheel her into theatre.

"BRUNO!!"

"It's okay, I'll be here waiting okay"

I kiss her lips as they wheel her away and I don't know what to do with myself. I call Phil and ask him if he can come to the hospital, I sit in the waiting area.

"Hands over my head, thinking what else could go wrong? Would've stayed in bed, how can a day be so long?"

I don't really know why I began singing, I guess I just needed to.

"I'd do it all over again... For you..."

"Bruno!"

" . . . "

"Bruno! Man, what happened?"

"Phil, we were at the beach and she started bleeding, and she's in theatre, I don't know what's happened, they won't let me see her! I need to see her Phil!"

"She'll be okay! She's a fighter!"

"But-"

The doctor walks out of theatre towards us.

"WHERE'S HOPE?"

"Calm down sir, she's stable, you can go and see her now."

"What happened?"

"She had Cervical Ectropion, which is harmless to the baby and mother, it's just the changing of the cervix or neck of the womb. She did lose quite a lot of blood so she will be weak for a day or so, but she'll be fine."

I thank the doctor and run towards the room Hope's in. She's awake and I sit next to her on the bed, kissing her and the baby.

"Hope, sweetie, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I think so. A bit tired. What about Winter?"

"The doctor said she's fine."

"Good"

"I thought I could've-"

"Hey, nothing's happened. We're fine. Don't worry."

"I'm glad to see you healthy Hope!"

"Thanks Phil! Bruno, baby, have you called my parents?"

"No, would you like me to?"

"Yeah please, tell them I'm... We're, fine"

"Okay babe, i'll be right back"

Hope's P.O.V.

I'm so glad that Winter and I are okay. I was so panicked when I saw the blood. The fact that Bruno is here for me makes me feel safe. I sit up as I'm already beginning to wake up from the drugs given to me and what do I see? Photographers, outside my room. I shield my eyes and Phil pulls the curtains. Security guards begin to cover my room, so only Bruno and those verified by me can come in and out. As Bruno walks back into the room, he is swamped with questions and he answers a couple. As he walks back in he reassures me that my parents are okay and have their minds put to rest. I'm content and decide to go to sleep for a bit.

*** The Next Day ***

I wake up in bed, with Bruno lying next to me with his arm around my waist and his hand on my abdomen. How long have I been asleep? I turn around to face him.

"Hmm... Morning beautiful. How do you feel?"

"A lot better. How long have I been asleep?"

"About 24 hours, so you won't want to sleep for a while!"

"Haha, that's true."

"Baby, I'm only going to do this if you feel up to it okay?"

"Okay?"

"There's a biggish party going on in Times Square tonight. Would you like to come with me?"

"Yeah, yeah I would!"

"You sure? You feel up to it?"

"Bruno, I've just slept for 24 hours. I think I'm up for it"

"Okay, well I went out last night and bought you a dress, just in case you were going to come, I bought a suit as well. It's nearly 10. So we should probably go to New York now. I've already booked us a hotel room."

"Oh gosh, you organised this well!"

"Didn't I just?"

Bruno gets out of bed and helps me stand up, surprisingly I feel okay.

"You okay Winter? Ready to go hear New York?"

Bruno kisses my bump like every morning, and it's slowly getting bigger, well, I guess she's growing all the time. I go and have a shower and straighten my hair. Then pulling it back into a sleak, low pony-tail. I put on some make-up - just mascara and eyeliner and put the dress on that Bruno had bought me. Oh my gosh! It's stunning. A long, white maternity dress which is figure hugging but shows my round baby bump in all it's glory, with long lace sleeves which begin as side straps below my shoulders. I put it on and get bruno to button up the back. It fits like a glove, he chose well. I grab my white heels from the walk-in wardrobe and walked downstairs. Bruno is standing with his back to me, trying to do up his bowtie.

"Come here you!"

"You know I can't do these things"

"So why do you wear them?!"

"I don't know... I don't have to wear anything and I still look. FABULOUS!"

"Yes Bruno. Of course you do"

"You look beautiful babe!"

"Thank you, this dress is gorgeous, and I can't believe it fits! How did you know my measurements?"

"I've held that waist enough to know."

"Haha, If you say so"

"C'mon, we better get to the airport."

"Yeah, I've got my bag... I think i'm good."

"Cool. Geronimo, Treasure. Be good!"

"Bye babies!"

I knew Ryan would look after the dogs for us so it was all good. We walk to Bruno's car and drive to his jet, when we get on, I notice Phil and the others on the plane. Riiiiiiight, they're coming too? What sort of party is this?!