Chapter Twenty One - A Figure From The Past

MOST OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK ARE THE WORK OF J.K.ROWLING, NOT MY OWN.

Chapter Twenty One - A Figure From The Past

"Do it Draco!" Narcissa hissed, striding towards her son in her long snakeskin boots, Her long black dress billowing around her ankles as she stood behind Draco and placed her hand on his shoulder.

"Narcissa, what are you doing?" Snape yelled, his face contorted with anger. "Don't let him kill her! She's your daughter! Why would you want her to suffer?"

"Oh Severus, so naive! I don't want her to suffer, I want youto suffer. If she gets hurt during the process, then so be it." She cackled, grinning at the look of anger and hatred that flashed across both Snape and Neville's faces. Her tightly pulled back hair glimmered in the sunlight filtering through the heavy velvet curtains that shrouded the windows.

"You left me Severus! You left me in a loveless marriage with a deluded psychopath! I thought you loved me!" Her eyes were wild and her voice rose to a high crescendo, making her seem unhinged and demented.

"I never loved you Narcissa! I was grieving for Lily! You took advantage of that just so that you could escape from Lucius!"

"WHAT? You're lying! You just don't want me to hurt your precious daughter!" She was sobbing uncontrollably, her mascara smudged down her face as she cried hot, angry tears. Her hysterical gasps were caught short when she was backhanded across the face.

"Will you SHUT UP woman?" Draco yelled, still not releasing his grip on Rosalind who was deathly pale and slipping from consciousness. He glared at his mother who sat shell-shocked on the floor, a large bruise blossoming on her cheek. Draco's moment of anger subsided and he threw Rosalind to the floor and ran to Narcissa. Cupping her cheeks in his hands salty tears began to snake down his cheeks.

"I'm so sorry Mother." He whispered "Just please, don't mention father again." Narcissa smiled feebly at her son when they heard a harsh voice echoing through the hall.

"How touching!" The man spat, emerging from the shadows. His short brown hair was matted and smeared with dirt. He wore a long, dirty trench coat that flapped around his thighs, covering the black suit trousers that were slightly too big for him.

"I do hope that you're not showing weakness Draco?" He sneered, striding purposefully towards Rosalind who lay semi-concious on the floor. Her forehead was damp with sweat and her breathing was ragged and shallow. Neville gazed at her with fear, tears pricking his eyes as he saw the extent of her condition. A deep, crimson pool had begun to form beneath her as blood trickled from the wound on her throat. The silver knife lay abandoned metres away from her frail body.

The man knelt beside Rosalind, a psychotic grin on his face. He lifted a filthy hand to her pale cheek and stroked it softly.

"Get your hands off her!" Neville yelled, lunging at the man. His wand was flung out of his hand before he barely took a step, and he glanced up to see Draco glaring at him, his wand raised, and his mother doing the same thing.

"Now, now, That's not how we treat people, is it Neville?" The man whispered, still holding onto Rosalind.

"Who are you?" Neville yelled in confusion, stepping closer to Rosalind. He felt strangely jealous of this bizarre man, but felt overly protective of Rosalind. Snape, he had noticed, hadn't said anything or done anything about the mans arrival.

"Do you not recognise me Neville?" The man questioned before breaking into scornful laughter. "Of course! When we last met I looked... a little different, shall I say."

"Get your hands off my daughter!" Snape yelled, striding towards the man, his wand pointed at his head. Draco and Narcissa's attempts to disarm the angry professor were futile.

"Ah Severus, my old friend! How nice to see you again" If the man was afraid of Snape he hid it well.

"I said GET YOUR HANDS OFF HER!" He lunged at the man who stood up and effortlessly moved aside and dodged him.

"Really, that is no way to treat friends Severus!" The man laughed at his joke before abruptly stopping after the dark look Snape gave him as he grabbed him by the collar and held his wand to his temple.

"I'm not your friend Barty." He hissed venomously in his ear.

"...Barty?" Neville whispered in shock.

"Ah, the penny drops. Barty Crouch Jr. to be precise."

Snape was dragged roughly away from Barty and thrown to the ground. Draco glared darkly at him before turning away and walking towards Rosalinds limp form.

"I'd prefer it if you don't manhandle my...'Client' shall we say." Draco smiled with malevolence before continuing. "Mr Crouch has agreed to partake in a transaction."

"What are you talking about Malfoy?" Neville spat

"I have agreed to take this...girl off his hands, so to speak." Barty grinned

"For a price." Draco chipped in, smiling broadly at the idea of all the money Barty was offering.

"You'd sell your own sister?" Snape asked, shocked.

"Please Severus, I wouldn't call it selling - more of a gift, after all, the girl is worth more than I am being paid. I know many acquaintances who would be willing to pay more, but Barty seemed so keen to have her I just couldn't say no."

Draco was more evil than either Snape or Neville could have imagined. The fate they had pictured her sucumbing to at the hands of this man was far better in comparison to the fate she now faced. They both felt understandably frightened at the prospect of Rosalind being given to a psychotic madman like Barty Crouch Jr. He was so unhinged it was horrible to imagine what he might want with her.

Barty turned away from Draco and knelt down beside Rosalind, his eyes glimmering with satisfaction. "Hello beautiful," He whispered in her ear "You belong to me now." Rosalind was just hanging onto the fringes of consciousness but the absolute fear in her eyes was strong and apparent.

Snape pulled himself to his feet and leapt at Draco. Grabbing him by the collar he slammed him against the wall and dug his wand into his throat.

"You may think you are brave and clever," He hissed. "But you are nothing but a cheap coward."

"You would know a thing or two about cowardice, wouldn't you Severus?" Narcissa screamed at him from the other side of the hall.

"You were too afraid of my husband to continue our relationship!"

"That's a lie!" Snape turned his attention onto the screaming woman briefly, but it was enough time for Draco to grab his wand and point it at Snape.

"Expelliarmus!" He yelled and Snape flew across the room before landing in a heap by Narcissa's feet. Draco and Barty ran over to the collapsed Professor.

Neville was able to run over to Rosalind and cradled her in his arms, Falco just stood gawping at the father he never knew was so ruthless.

"I'm going to enjoy this!" Draco grinned, aiming his wand at Snape who lay at his feet, gazing at his face in fear. "This is for my mother!"

***

MY BIGGEST CLIFFHANGER EVER! (and my first authors note)

I have to give credit to CDwizzle14 for Barty Crouch Jr, I was trying to think of a bad guy to place into that role and he fits it perfectly!!

Please comment and vote, I can't believe I have Fans!!!

Eden xx