Chapter Eleven - The Library

MOST OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK ARE THE WORK OF J.K.ROWLING, NOT MY OWN.

Chapter Eleven - The Library

Rosalind was settled in an armchair when Neville strode through the door. He was lost in thought and didn't see her until he tripped over a pile of books and landed sprawled on the floor by her feet. He finally registered her presence when she started laughing. When he looked up he could see that tears were streaming down her cheeks and she was bent double, clutching her stomach.

"It's not funny!" He groaned trying to keep a straight face. It didn't last long and soon he was laughing with her. They recieved a very stern look from the librarian, so Neville picked himself off the floor and perched on the armrest of Rosalinds chair.

 Soon their laughter died down, but after a minute of silence they couldn't keep it in anymore and were crying with laughter again. A few minutes later the laughter had subsided and Neville asked what was on his mind

"Why did you get Snape to tell me why you were here? What is going on between you two?" He asked, Rosalind sensed the jealousy and protectivness in his voice and smiled. He was sweet.

She simply said "No reason."  When her father had given her a job at this school he told her not to reveal anything about their relationship, to anyone. Snape felt that the other teachers resented him so didn't want them to hate his daughter too.

They sat in contented silence, watching the scattered books rise from the floor and place themselves on the shelves. After a while Rosalind rose to her feet and took Nevilles hand. She pulled him down the corridoors after her, they were running and laughing like two children but they didn't care. Soon they came to an archway that led out into a courtyard.

The courtyard was littered with stone statues, their expressionless faces watching people as they walked past. A corner of the courtyard was fringed by grass and tall, wild trees. Amongst the shrubery Rosalind led Neville to a small stone bench where they sat together facing the archway they had just come through.

 A rosebush grew nearby and Neville sauntered towards it before snapping a deep pink flower from its stem. He turned to Rosalind who had come to stand directly behind him. Neville tucked the freshly cut flower behind her ear and cupped her face in his hands. They stood staring at each other before Neville leant in and kissed Rosalind tenderly. Rosalind put her hands on Nevilles shoulders as he put his hands around her waist and pulled her closer.

They were interupted by the sound of feet crunching across gravel. Rosalnd glanced up to see her father approaching them, pure hatred in his eyes.

"GET YOUR HANDS OFF MY DAUGHTER!" he yelled, with a flick of his wand he threw Neville against the wall that surrounded the courtyard. Neville felt a warm trickle as blood oozed from a wound at the back of his head. Snape had his wand pressed against his neck. There was a cut where the sharp end had pierced Nevilles skin. Snape was Livid.

"I'LL KILL YOU!" he snarled, the wand digging deeped and deeper into Neville's neck. Rosalind grabbed her fathers arm and tried to pull him away, but he knocked her to the floor.

"Father, Please!" She begged. "Leave him alone! He hasn't done anything wrong!"

Snapes head snapped round to stare at his daughter. "Hasn't he?" He hissed, his voice full of venom. Neville had desperatley been trying to reach his wand. Finally his fingers made contact with the cold wood and he pulled it from his pocket, aiming straight at Snape. Snape had turned back to Neville and his eyes went wide as he saw the wand pointing at him.

"STUPIFY!" They both screamed in unison. Snape was sent hurtling backwards where he landed on the ground in a heap of black fabric. Neville was sent smashing through the stone wall and onto the ground behind. Pieces of masonry went flying everywhere and the last thing Neville saw before falling unconcious was a lump of rock hurtling towards him.