Chapter Sixteen - The Forbidden Forest

MOST OF THE CHARACTERS IN THIS BOOK ARE THE WORK OF J.K.ROWLING, NOT MY OWN.

Chapter Sixteen - The Forbidden Forest

"Expelliarmus!" Neville heard a gruff voice yell. He opened his eyes and realised that his cheeks were moist. He had been crying in fear as he waited to be struck in the chest by a curse that would no doubt end his life.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Snape Roared, sending the boy tumbling back onto the grass unable to move. He grabbed the discarded wand and walked over to the immobile boy laying on the floor. When he made sure that the boy was watching he snapped the wand in half before tossing it aside.

"What are you snivelling at Longbottom?" He snarled "Get off the floor, we need to find Rosalind."

Neville picked himself off the grass silently, wiping the tears off his cheeks. He then looked down at the unmoving body that lay before him.

"We'll leave him for others to find." Said snape in a venomous voice. "Hopefully no-one will." he muttered darkly before walking over to a shell shocked Neville.

"What are you waiting for? Lets find my daughter." He suddenly started running towards the treeline, his arm outstretch and firmly holding his wand. Neville stopped staring at the boy on the floor and raced after Snape.

Snape had entered the forest and was now at a standstill. Weak sunlight tried to push itself through the dense canopy of trees but didn't get very far. This left the forest dark and damp, an ominous fog rolled between the trees and a harsh wind plucked leaves from the branches before swirling them through the air. There was no sound but his heavy breathing until he heard Nevilles clumsy footfalls approaching him from behind. When Neville came level with Snape he stopped. Snape had put a finger to his lips in a manner to say that he should be silent.

Wand in hand, Snape began to prowl through the forest with Neville on look out for any sign of white-blond hair.

"There!" Screamed Neville as he caught glimse of silver amongst the trees further in the distance. They both charged towards the clearing in which Falco stood grinning at them. Before him Rosalind was on her knees and had Falco pulled her head back, his wand digging sharply into her neck.

"Well, well, well," He smirked "Look who we have here! Come to get your little Blood-Traitor have we?

"You hurt her in any way and I'll..."

"You'll what Longbottom? You don't have the guts to hurt anyone."

"Nor do you!" Neville yelled but immediately wished that he had kept his mouth shut.

"Oh don't I?" He sneered before whispering menacingly in Rosalinds ear "We'll just see about that, won't we?" Neville saw him mutter a single word. "Crucio."

Rosalind fell to the floor writhing in agony. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she screamed at the pain the torture was bringing. In an instant Neville had grabbed Snapes wand and was yelling

"Sectum sempra!"

Rosalind was no longer in pain but she had curled into a ball and was whimpering. Snape rushed over to his daughter and held her in his arms, silently sobbing.

Neville meanwhile, stood motionless as he stared at Falco. The boy was laying on the floor, deep cuts slashed across his body, blood rapidly pouring from the wounds as he lay screaming in the dirt.

"What have I done?" Neville whispered.