Soul Searching past and present.

But the pressure of Ashley's supposed death still lingered in Helen's heart like a weight.  Helen Magnus slowly walked along the balcony of the estate house overlooking the cliff's with a breath taking view of the ocean. Helen hugged herself tightly as she looked off into the distance lost in her own thoughts. Glenglas was the name for the estate which she had bought many more years back than she cared too remember. Helen kept this place a deep dark secret from everyone making it the one place in the world she could come and  actually be totally by herself. She felt semi bad leaving Will Zimmerman in a lurch as the New Head of the Sanctuary Network. But this wasn't exactly the first time for Will her number two becoming the number one head. Will had proven himself plenty of times too Helen that he was an able replacement for her and the Sanctuary. Helen Magnus had literally spent hundreds of years chasing one thing or numerous creatures through every square inch of the world. Will had become a close friend but had also become a very able Head of the Sanctuary network.

Helen knew all too well that she was far from perfect.  This was an imperfect world that truly had no idea what was actually out there in the dark corners of the world. She worked with the Sanctuary to try and bring the good in the world for those other beings that otherwise would come too some kind of harm from those ignorance of those things they did not understand. Helen smiled at the thought as she  could count herself  among that rather long list of those things that the ignorant would not understand. Helen Magnus was one of the members of the Five that began her odysseys into that which Helen called her life. John Watson a genius of a criminologist with a side interest in the mechanical. He had a great sense of duty and honor with a great passion for life itself. Nikola Tesla was just an all around genius in the how too make anything work department. A tad bit of a self absorbed arse at times but he did have a grace and a wee bit of a warm heart when he so chose too show it even containing all the abilities of a very deadly vampire. Nigal Griffiin was a joy too have known. A very honorable man who worshipped God as well as country and could vanish before your eyes with his ability of invisiblity.  Nigal was able to at least have some semblance of a family which produced a wonderful daughter , Clara which Helen was so glad that she had been able too meet. Then of course there is the infamous John Druitt the last but not least of the members of the Five.

John Druitt and John Watson were the closest of friend's through their long collective lives. Even though they were bitter rivals as John Watson sought out too solve the mystery of Jack the Ripper. Helen still believed upon John Watson's death as his life support machine finally gave out that he knew that John Druitt was The Ripper that he had fought so hard too look for and bring to justice. John Druitt was also a major point in Helen Magnus long life. Helen carried with her far too much pain where John Druitt was concerned.  But through Helen's longer than normal life there has been some good in the relationship between Helen Magnus and John Druitt especially before he became Jack the Ripper. Ashley Magnus was Helen's beloved daughter from her relationship with John Druitt. Well at least from the embryo Helen had saved from their time together. Ashley was a wonderful daughter who had a flare for the dangerous which she loved too say Ashley got from her father . She had said on her own that she was most differently Helen Magnus daughter. She was quite competent with any weapon edged or that  could shoot some form of projectile. Ashley was like a British Bull terrier always working for the solution no matter the odds or the risk to herself

Henry Foss and Ashley were quite close friend's nearer towards Big Brother and Little Sister as anyone could get. Henry was the weapons expert as well as a very gifted designer for the Sanctuary Network. He was one of a rare breed of Lycan's or as many Normal's would call them werewolf  Ashley loved too play with the toys Henry developed which more times than not saved any number of lives whether they were human or abnormal.who could change at will.