Chapter Thirty Seven

A/N: Home sweet home! :) It was a long week - eight girls in one house = forget about it. So hard to share a bathroom with seven girls. Ugh. Women. 

And I'll let you all know that I spent the entire seven days searching for wifi so I could get on here, but no such luck. I eventually felt the wrath of Abs for staring at my phone every five minutes searching for a signal. I'm always in trouble. );

Anyway, wow it was nice to read the comments and messages when I got back. It made me feel missed.

Xoxoxoxo
- Railene

***

"What the fuck are you doing up so early," I groaned as Grace stormed around her bedroom on an organizing tirade.

"It's eleven thirty, sweetheart," she reminded me condescendingly, nodding up at the clock on the wall as she busied her hands with a laundry basket.

"What? How did I...Oh my God, my head hurts."

"You're hung over."

"Why aren't you hung over?"

"I don't know," she shrugged. "Probably because there are far fewer things that 'You never' did."

"Oh no," I quickly realized.

"Oh no what?"

I smiled a little bit. "You're getting snippy."

She put her basket down and stared at me, hands on her hips, looking like a mommy again. "Snippy?"

"Yes, snippy," I noted. "How did I offend you?"

"You didn't offend me," she shrugged, working a little too hard to display nonchalance. "And I'm not snippy."

"Okay," I relented, but not before adding, "But you know, I really don't remember much of anything I did last night. So, I can't be expected to feel sorry for anything without being reminded of it first."

"What are these, the terms of a contract? I'm not mad about anything, Kim."

"Okay," I said again. "Glad to hear it."

She wafted over to the windows then, and just a little bit too eagerly began drawing all the blinds.

"Gosh, would you look at that sunlight," she marvelled ostentatiously.

"Ouch, Grace, what the fuck!" I demanded, shielding my eyes.

"What?" she asked innocently, pulling the curtains on the last window. "I just love natural light."

"Okay, I did something wrong," I muttered, slowly figuring it out. She ignored my statement and opened one of the windows.

"Wow, there's a breeze too. Gosh, this is a beautiful day."

She let the window fall shut again, sending a loud slam coursing through the room and fresh waves of pain coursing through my head.

"Oh my fucking God," I yelled at the pain. "Grace!"

"Wow, that was clumsy. Gosh, windows make loud noises."

"Yeah, they do," I snapped back loudly, desperately trying to massage the sides of my forehead to no avail.

"I'm going to do the laundry now," she decided, faking a smile and picking up the heavy basket before letting it slip from her hands and thud onto the hard wood. "Wow, shit, I am just dropping everything today."