Chapter 6

You know you are stupid when you get the only clothes you have soaked. 

4 AM in the morning, the rain stopped, the sun is almost rising, and I'm wearing a freaking wet hoddie, with matching wet hair and jeans. At least I enjoyed while I could.

I needed light... I always loved the night, but I never wanted to see the sun set as I want now.

I think I've walked around almost whole town, and I was sure when I saw it again. I saw Clyde's bar again, the lights were still on. Why not give it a try? Why not? I mean, I already tried everything, I seriosly don't care about what happens next.

I pushed the door and I saw him again. The "TJ" or "CJ" guy was still there, so as the other guys. 

"Excuse me..." I said while tapping "TJ" or "CJ" on the shoulder.

"Oh, you are that girl who came here and took off when you saw Will..." He stopped. "Is he your boyfriend?  Your ex?"

"He's nothing!" I screamed. "Thinking of Will as my boyfriend is just... disturbing." I said, even thought it wasn't real. But why would I tell that to unknowed barteder Something-J? 

"Calm down girl. If you need anything, you can talk to me. People tell me I'm a good listener." He said, smilling.

"I'm sorry, but I can't." I said, ready to go away.

"Wait. I know what will happen, you'll walk out that door and you'll regret it like you did. You will come back and ask me to talk... And I'll say no."

"I won't do... I'm not going to..." I tried to talk but words kept stuck in my troath. 

"You're soaked, you're hungry, you're tired. You need help. I'll give you some clothes and you can stay here. If Will trusts you I trust you too. I know I don't know you but I'm ready to do something. You need help, don't you think?"

"Yes, I do." I said, smiling. "Thanks."

"No problem, I'm Ted James, but people call me TJ" 

"Anya de la Cruz" I said, shaking his hand.

"So, Anya, I'll present you to my girlfriend and she'll borrow you some clothes. Don't worry, Will and I are like brothers, if you need help and if everything that Will told me is right..."

"What did Will say?!" I screamed. "I mean, not that I care, OK...."

"Well, he said he met a girl called Anya, a beautiful girl" I think I blushed at that. "And she was scared and needed help. He met her because some guy thought she was a slut so he kicked her out of her shop. He found her twice after that but she never spoke. She looked like she ran from somewhere but she was too scared to talk. And he said something, something very unique and true, she talked in rhymes." TJ smiled at that sentence.

"I do not talk in rhymes!" I defended myself.

"You just did, seconds ago."

"It was a coincidence..."

"No it wasn't." TJ smiled. "Come on, I'll present you to my girlfriend Heather, I think you two will get along."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Heather was awesome, she was blond, with green eyes, about the same height as me and the awesome-est part... she loved Eminem. We talked about 8-mile for hours. She had the same opinion that I did, that Alex could go fucking hell and that Papa Doc was just stupid.

She borrowed me another hoddie and some jeans. 

"Thank you so much, Heather." I said, when I finished dressing up.

"Don't worry, honey! Anyone who likes 8-mile is welcomed here!" Heather joked.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked.

"Sure."

"I always had the dream of rap battling... Do you think..."

She smileed and handed me something. A piece of white paper folded in four.

"What's that?" I said, unfolding the paper

"You dropped that and TJ gave it to me, he said he thought it was yours." Heather said. "And if it is, god damn you're awesome."

I started to read it. It was the poem I wrote earlier. That poem about Kaya.

Kaya.

"Who's that about?" Heather asked.

"Nothing... No one..." I said, avoiding to talk about my sister. My sister that I forgot. I came here to found her and I totally forgot. That proves how much of a bad sister I was, maybe that's why Kaya left... Maybe I forgot her, even thought that's almost impossible.

"No one who writes with that passion can say that "it's nothing" I know it's about someone. If you want you don't need to tell me, but tell the truth." 

"It's about my sister. That's all I can tell you, Heather." I said. "I have to go."

"No you don't!" She said "TJ told me you are always running away from problems. He told me you ran away from Will more than once, that you were about to ran away from him, and now you are going to take off just because you don't want to talk about something? You aren't going to solve your problems by running away from them, Anya, you need to face them. And I guess this, all this, is about your sister. You came here to solve the problem, but you are to scared to face it."

With that, Heather hugged me and I didn't know what to do. Should I cry? Should I run? Should I speak? 

No, I think I shouldn't, I shouldn't do anything. So I hugged her back and whispered "thank you" almost twenty times. She made me see what I wanted to do again. And this time, I wasn't going to run from it. 

"You don't need to thank me. I did nothing."

"You did more than you think." I said, smiling. I pulled back and whipped some of my tears. 

"Can you tell me about her?" Heather asked.

So I told her, I told her the full story about Kaya, how she ran, how I was broken after she left, how my mother wanted to forget her and how I got here.

 "We'll find her, Anya. I promise."

"I promised a lot of things to her that I was never able to do." I said. "Promises are never real."

"Yes they are, maybe you didn't have the time to keep them back there but I do, and I'll do anything." Heather said.

"This is so weird... I mean, we met minutes ago."

"I don't care" Heather said with a smile. "I know you are trustworthy."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hiya!

Missed me? No... ok... At least did you miss Anya...? 

Do you like Heather? TJ?

I know they wouldn't be friends just in the matter of seconds but IT'S A BOOK... So I can do whatever the crap I want to....! YAY I HAVE POWER!

Btw that's Heather ---------------------->

The video is an interview with LIGHTS (Valerie Anne Poxleitner) (Anya) Just for you to get to know her! lol

So...............................................................................

Byeee!

Annie