The Girl In The Black Hoodie - Prologue

Imagine that you have a dream, just one little dream and everybody says:

"RAP BATTLES?! That's a boy's thing."

Yeah, I have a dream of Rap Battling, what's the big deal? Why do dreams always have to be "normal"? Why do all girls need to dream about the perfect guy and being a singer or a ballerina? I don't like that crap, I never liked. I always liked to listen to Eminem while writing poems. 8 Mile is my inspiration and it will always be, I like to think that someday I'll be on a stage, rapping against someone, hosting battles... I know you can think it's stupid and that I'll forget this when I "grow up" but I'm 18 now, and I always had this dream.

I don't give a damn if people keep saying "You'll never be able to do that", because I'll. I'll shut all those mouths who say "Stop dreaming and get a life" This is my life.

"ANYA!" My mother called. Here's the lider of the team "lets make Anya change her mind". The one who should support me in everything AKA my mom, is the one who disaproves all my dreams. "I can't believe you're writing again!"

"What now? A lecture about writing? Can't you just relax, I'm not going to start fighting!" Like everyday. "Look, someday I'll just go away, ok?"

"Anya, you're not going anywhere."

"You can't keep me here, I'm already eighteen, I'm an adult now, I'm not some random teen."

"Anya, you can be eighteen, but I'm still your mother, and I'll always be. So you will obey to what I say."

"But now I do control my own actions, you don't need to be mad, I just wanna follow my dreams, I don't wanna live my whole life bored and sad." I said.

"STOP WITH THE RHYMES, ANYA!"

"Why should I stop?" I said.

"It means a lot to me to have a normal daughter, Anya." And the same conversations starts again.

"MOM! MY SISTER IS NORMAL!" I said referring to my sis, Kaya. Kaya ran away from home when she was sixteen. My mother wants me to be "normal" since then.

"Anya! Kaya isn't your sister anymore!"

"Yes she is, and she'll always be. You can't take my little sister away from me." Kaya is now seventeen, she ran away last year, I was devastated. I never understod why. Me and my sister were best friends.

"Kaya is gone, Anya, she is never coming back."

"And is it my fault?" I said. No, Kaya would never run because of me.

I ran to my room, even hearing my mother screaming.

I still had Kaya's number, but maybe she already changed it, I needed to try. I needed to remember her.

"Kaya?" I said when somebody answered. It couldn't be, I tried calling her for so long, and she never picked up. Why now?

"Who is this?" I recognized my sis' voice.

"Don't hang up, please, Kaya."

"Who are you? How do you know my name?"

"Promise you won't hang up? I'm Anya."

"Anya? My sister?"

"Yeah, where are you?"

"Away."

"I wanna be there too."

"No." She said almost laughing

"Kaya, please tell me where you are."

"I'm in Chicago."

"I wanna rap battle." I said. Kaya still remembered my dream, she always helped me writing.

"You?! Again, Anya?" She stopped for a second "Are you tracing this call?"

"Please, Kaya, I'm not that smart."

"You can always run away."

And Kaya hung up.

You can always run away. You can always run away. You can always run away. Kaya's words echoed through my head. Could I, could I, Anya de la Cruz, have the guts to run away?

Yes, do it. My mind said and - for the first time - I agreed.

The window in my bedroom was open, and I just grabbed some money, and did the same as Kaya.

I ran, just ran, trough neighborhoods, malls, everywhere.

I took a bus to Chicago, it wasn't that far.

Kaya was right. Like she always was.

~~~~~~~~~~~

AN

This is a new book, this prologue is a bit bad, but it was wrote last year, hope you all like it.

This chapter is small, but just 'cause it's the prologue.

Dedicated to every 8 mile fan! like me.

And if you could read and share this story I would thank you so much... please? *puppy eyes*

Comment and vote pleeeeease

Love you all

Annie