Chapter 2

11 PM.

Hunger, hunger took over my body. I would do anything for a sandwich, something. But I can't spend my money. Spend... Where will I spend the night? Out in the streets!? I don't have money for a cheap motel!

I think I never loved food, water and a warm house like I do now. It's so stupid we only care about things when you lose them. Why can't we always see how things are special! Why? What would I do now for a small piece of bread that in my house I would just throw to the birds?

Food. Shelter. Family, my family! How should my mom be after her two daughters run away, first her youngest "project" - How she called Kaya - and now me?

I always hated when my mom said that Kaya was her "project". Kaya's nobody's project, she's my sister, a good sister. I think she still sees me as a sister.

I was still walking ashamed. First time on my life that I'm ashamed of myself, I was never the shameless type of girl or shy. I was Anya, the I-don't-what type of girl. Some people say I'm random, others that I'm shy. I really don't know what "kind" of person I am, probably I'll never know, and I think that's good. Why are there so many labels? Well, try to label the girl that took off with nothing but 20$ to pursue her dream of rap battling.

Yeah, lots of people would just label that "weird".

I would do anything for food right now. A-n-y-t-h-i-n-g. I know I could buy, but, everything is closed at this time, gratefully, I still had my watch; or not grateful, because somebody could rob me.

I was walking around that small neighborhood for what it felt like hours - and it truly was - until I saw it, again.

The store. That store, where the owner called me a slut. That store, where the owner almost made me cry. That store, where Will got my back... Will, I referred at "Will" like I knew him.

Is so stupid when a person knows other's name thinks that knows them. Like the name was a small bio of the person. What do people think when they hear the name "Anya"? Well, I don't care.

But Will, I felt like I knew him. When I looked at him, his eyes told me everything I needed to know. The opposite from me, I was one of the less readable persons ever. My eyes can be dark, but you see nothing but shadows in them, unfortunatly, I have to deal with everything that creates those shadows.

I'm good at reading other's eyes; but one thing I'm sure, the only person that could ever read my eyes was Kaya. I've a hard time trusting - I only trusted her all my life.

That's right, I only trusted my sister my whole life. I was never the kind of girl to have a "best friend" who does everything with and all that sh*t; no, I had Kaya, and for her to leave, it gotta be something important.

Rap Battles! My mind screamed. That's right! I needed to find a way to make my dreams come true, the true reason why I'm here, Rap Battles.

I saw a guy walking down the street. At 11.30 PM walking down the street. I needed to ask.

"Excuse me... " I said. The guy looked up. Then I saw...

"You! I looked for you everywhere, what are you doing here?! You should be at home!" Will. Will was there talking to me. WHY HIM! Stupid Karma.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I gotta go." I said.

"No wait." Will gripped my wrist. "What are you doing here?"

"Let me go!" I screamed.

"I'm worried, I won't let you go." Will said. Will was so freaking hot, that's the only word to describe him. He had light brown hair and beautiful blue eyes. He was probably 6'2 and had a handsome face.