Chapter Nineteen

Ma'Leyah
There's been time. Within that time, I've went through the worst pain to be endured. Jaden have shown me in every way that he is insidiously bad inside and out.

"Yes mama, I am listening," I groaned, rubbing my hand across my bruised cheek.
"I want you and the babies back home, here," she stressed, the kids were with her for a few days.
"I know mama," I sighed, flinching from the pain of the bruises.
"I hear you but I don't understand you," she said in frustration. Jaden came into the room. "Mama, I gotta go," I whispered, hanging up before she got the chance to reply.
"Who was that?" he asked. "Momma," I said lowly.
"Well why the fuck you talking to her?" he asked.
"She just called, I was just talking to he-" he struck me across my face.
"Bitch, you been telling my business to everyone!" he barked. I glared at him. I grew furious. I struck him back. I'm done being his victim. Not anymore. {Play music now}

I staggered into the bathroom, turning on the hot water at the sink. I ran my bloody hands under the water, running them across my blood-falling nose. I looked at myself in the mirror, gazing at my battered face. Tears stung my face as they raced down my face. Not being able to control the emotional pain, I burst into tears, sobbing greatly. Getting myself together, I cleaned my face up. I stormed out of the bathroom, eyeing Jaden's body on the living room floor in a pool of blood.
I kicked him in his side making his lifeless body flinch.
"Son of a bitch," I muttered.
I limped to my cell phone, dialing the police.

"So he was trying to kill you?" the police offer asked. I nodded.
"Yes ma'am, he was beating me and out of self defense, I had stabbed him.
She looked at me, examining my whole facial expressions and demeanor. She looked at me with some disbelief.
"Hmm," she mumbled, writing on her small note pad. I sighed.
"Do you not believe me ma'am?" I asked.
"I don't know what to believe. I've seen so many cases like this. Some women have lied about on their behalf. But you, um, Ma'Leyah, I don't think you're lying," she explained. I looked down. She touched my bruises, causing me to flinch.
"He did this to you?" she asked. I nodded.
"Baby girl, I know you've been abused. I know it all to well because, well---I was a victim," she said. I looked at her. She nodded.
"Yep, I was, long time ago. That's one of the main reasons I got this job. To help people that was in my shoes," she made eye contact with me. A few tears escaped my eyes, I didn't bother to wipe them.
"Come on, lets get you out of here," she put her arm around my shoulder. We both exited the house, eyeing the coroner's wheel the body bag containing Jaden in it. I sighed, turning my head away. The officer put me into her car in the passenger seat.
"You got somewhere to go?" she asked. I nodded.
"My mom's house," I replied, giving her the address. She nodded.
"My name is Mary by the way," she smiled. I smiled back, relaxing in my seat.