Chapter Six

Ma'Leyah. . .

Chresanto kept his word. He's been here for me for the past few weeks. Janelle and I finally talked, and made admends. We're cool again. She knows about Chresanto and I..yeah. She knew how he felt about me, because he told her when they broke up. Anyways, Chresanto and I were sitting in the living room with Jadailah.

"Look mommy! Barney looks big," Jadailah exclaimed. Chresanto laughed, and I chuckled. "Yeah, I know sweetie," I replied. "Jadailah, you want some cookies?" Chresanto asked. I looked at him. "What?" he smiled. "You're gonna get her hypered?" I asked. "You sure about that?" 

Chresanto chuckled. "Babe, I was a kid once before." he stated. I nodded, agreeing to what he was saying. "Yeah, yeah," I said. "So she can have some cookies. I'll get hypered right along with her," Chresanto pecked my cheek. "Come on Jadailah," Chresanto said. She jumped up and ran right along Chresanto's side.

My phone started to vibrate, and it was Jaden. "Yes Jaden?" I answered. "Where's Jadailah?" he asked. "Eating cookies, why?" I remarked. "I wanna come and get her," he said. "Hmm, not today," I replied. "How are you gonna keep me from seeing my daughter?" he yelled. "Slow ya roll, I'm not keeping her from you, I just want to spend time with her," I said. 

"Whatever Ma'Leyah. Tell you this, you better not have her around any other niggas," he sassed. "I have my daughter around who I want to have her around," I exclaimed. "Yeah, okay. We'll see about that," he said. "Oh best believe we muthafuckin will," I declared. He hung up and I tossed my phone to the side.

"Babe, you okay?" Chresanto asked. "Yeah, I'm alright. Just my punk ass babydaddy," I said. "Oh," Chresanto said. "Well, Jadailah and I are in the kitchen."

I nodded. "Okay," I said. He went back into the kitchen and I sighed rubbing my belly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Chresanto. . .

I sat here with my beautiful step daughter Jadailah. She's so pretty. All I ever wanted in a daughter. Even though she has a dad, I still want to be there for her. Take care of her. Be what a real father needs to be. 

"Jadailah, those cookies good?" I asked. She giggled with a mouth full of oreo's. "Yeah, We-santo," she smiled. She sounds so adorable. "Well eat that mouth full, and we'll play a game," I said. "What game you wanna play?"

"I wanna pway hide-and-seek," she said. She finished her cookies, and I took her out of her highchair. "Well, who's it?" I asked. "You are We-Santo," she exclaimed. "Okay, better go hide," I smiled. She ran as I covered my eyes. I counted to ten, and went looking for her.

"Jadailah...? Where are you...?" I chuckled. I passed her hiding spot, and she jumped behind me. "Boo!" I felt her little hands push my butt. "Oh Jadailah! You scared me," I laughed and picked her up. She laid her head on my shoulder and sighed. "I wuv you daddy, I mean We-santo," she said. A tear shedded my eye. She just called me daddy :').