Chapter 5

Chapter V

     I struggled under the women’s hands as she covered my mouth. I wanted to scream she was one of the people who took care of me, but the doctors had warned her about my condition, so she was never really nice, no one was nice to me in this place. I didn’t want her to be here I just wanted to rest and cry alone without anyone bothering me. She looked nervously at my hands, but surprisingly instead of making my gloves tighter, she unstrapped my gloves and took them off. She removed her hand from my mouth and smiled. For a moment I was shocked had she actually smiled at me?

    “Aba, please don’t scream, I’m not really suppose to be here. I don’t want the other guys to know. I have something for you Aba.”

At this moment I opened my mouth to scream, I didn’t trust this women.

    “Aba please, It’s a gift from you mother.”

I immediately closed my mouth. She reached into her pocket and brought out a necklace. It had a short silver chain, and at the end a beautiful amber butterfly. Engraved into the back of the butterfly were the words, “Love.” I reached for the necklace and the woman clasped it around my neck. I touched it and started crying, it was the only thing I had of my mother.

    “I’m glad you like it Aba, but if you don’t want it taken you must hide it under you shirt, do you understand?”

I was so happy, yet sad and confused at the same time, that all I could do was nod.