A Fat Smoke And A Funny Joke

After about half an hour fussing over lyrics and frets, we finally got a song down. Me and Christian laid back on the couch and kicked our feet on the table. 

"Ha, now time to play it over and go over any mistakes." We groaned and decided to give it a last run. 

"Alright then, 1... 2... 3... 4... 

Look up and let it hit you,

The rain that you call home,

It makes your brain go loose,

I'm sorry you can't call it your own,

At the end of the day, you're going to find out

That all your friends are the one's who will truly stay."

"It's perfect!" Christian threw his arms up and laughed. I laughed along and decided to get up from the couch and suggested we celebrate later tonight. We high fived each other and went upstairs to go get changed. We were halfway up the stairs and that's when Christian realized that this wasn't his house and he doesn't have any clothes here.

"Well I'll be back in about 20 minutes? I might as well shower while I'm home, sound okay with you, Anna?" I smiled and nodded. 

"Bring a beanie for me please and thank youuuuu!" He gave me a thumbs up as he closed my front door. I continued venturing upstairs and opened my closet. I trailed through my clothes, not being able to decide on shorts, sweats, pants, shirts, hoodies, or anything in this case. I sighed and headed to my white dresser and opened up the third drawer. I picked up pieces of clothing but nothing had me satisfied. It's going to be in my backyard, by the pool. Simple bonfire with Christian, wear anything, darn it! So I went back down stairs, grabbed that blue sweater I bought and ran back upstairs. I slipped it on, shimmied out of my pants, and put on some shorts. I walked to the bathroom and observed myself from head to toe. I smiled and gave myself a thumbs up. I heard a distant meow coming from my room and walked out to see Shikamaru sitting on my bed.

"What, is it a no go?" I asked my cat. He jumped down and walked to me, rubbing my leg with his furry body. I giggled and pet my beloved cat and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen grabbing marshmallows, a chocolate bar I keep hidden just in case there's a zombie apocalypse and I wont starve to death, and gram crackers. I opened my slide door and walked to the fire pit surrounded by couches. (I promise, it's not a fire hazard) and I placed the items on the couch. I walked back into my house and fed Shikamaru and Snowball, then grabbed my phone. Well it is a mini celebration, and the more the merrier, right? I decided to text Alan,

To: Alan

Hey, lil kickback at my house, bring the crew if you want!

I sent him my address and got a "Sweet!" well here goes nothing. I heard a knock and made my way to the door and was greeted by a comfy Christian holding a red beanie in front of my face. 

"One red beanie for an amazing friend." he half smiled and i happily took the beanie. "That's an ugly sweater." I said jokingly pointing to the sweater Christian bought. "So is yours." He said poking my cheek. We both laughed and went outside, followed by my pets. I lit the pit and we sat down and started roasting marshmallows and making smores. I was a failure most of time, sending innocent marshmallow falling to the floor. I sighed and tried again. Christian on the other hand was a pro at this, when we go camping, he's usually the one to this type of thing for me. 

"Heya, I hope you don't mind, but i invited Alan and the guys over, is that alright?" I asked. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up with his sleeves covering half his hand. I gave him a closed eye smile and continued to roast my marshmallow. 

I heard snowball bark from the other side of the yard and knew that they have arrived. I carefully made my through the yard, going to my kitchen and then the living room to open my door. I made sure my appearance was acceptable in the little mirror hanging over the little table by the door. What are you doing, Anna? He has a girlfriend, no need to impress. I shook my head and opened the door, expecting 6 people to arrive yes, six. I thought i'd invite Maddie even though she clearly doesn't like me but instead saw two people, Alan and Shay. I let them in my house and showed them around to the kitchen. Stumbling upon Shikamaru. I picked him up and handed him to Alan, knowing he loves cats. "Oh. My. God." he grabbed my cat and I kid you not, I think this was true love. I looked over to Shayley with a concerned look and he smiled assuring me this is normal. I half heartly smiled and led them to where me and Christian are sitting. "Sit anywhere you please, all seats are pool view!" i smiled and sat down next to Christian.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"And that's why you never go camping with Rhianna." Everyone laughed and I scoffed. Christian told them about the time we went camping and I dropped our food on the floor and we had to improvise with fruits and such. I laid back on the arm of the couch and kicked my feet up on Christians lap. Alan and Shay talked about the road life and how it's impossible sharing a bathroom with 3 other grown men. Alan started bagging on Shayley and how he's still single after all this time and by now, Shay was quiet and shying away from us. I gave him a sincere smile and a quick nod letting him know I'm in that situation too. With that, we grew closer throughout the night, Christian and Alan grew even closer. The guy I'm basically in love with is becoming best friends with my best friend. Is that good or bad? 

"Annaaaa? Annaaaaaaaaa!" I quickly snapped out of the trance I was in and looked in front of me and only saw the bright blue eyes of Shayley. "Oh uh, sorry. I was just remembering about the camping trip" He didn't buy my lie, after all, I was a terrible liar. "Alan on your mind?" My eyes grew wide at that sentence. He laughed and threw his arm over my shoulder. "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me." I felt my muscles ease up from being tense and a wave of relief hit me. I smiled and ruffled his hair. "Thanks, Shay."

"Rhianna Romero, stop eating the marshmallows and chocolate, leave some for us!" I looked at them with a mouthful of food and smiled. We all laughed and I got up and walked to the kitchen to grab some more food. I chewed the marshmallows in my mouth and did a little dance while reaching up in the cabinet to grab more things. "Nice moves, Anna." I jumped and dropped everything, I quickly tried preventing the stuff that was already falling and tried pushing them back up. Eventually everything was done and I turned to see Alan. He was leaning on the door way and walked over to help me pick up the mess Iv'e done. I knelt over and grabbed the bag of marshmallows on the floor, only to have my hand crash into his. I pulled away and felt my face turn into fire. I stood up and placed what I did pick up on the counter. Alan was soon closer to what I have imagined to my body and I just stood there, looking up into his eyes. I can't put my finger on it, but something about him seems.. different. Not in appearance, but in attitude. I caught glimpses of his ginger hair poking out from under his beanie. I smiled, and received a smile back. That's when he started kinda leaning in front of my face. I let my instincts kick in and I leaned in too. I knew it was wrong but it was happening so quickly. Every second that passed, we got closer, and closer, and closer.