31

"Hey Lauren, Devins here." Travis told me. "I fed the girls already they are sitting down at the table eating seconds but, in a few they are gonna get to washing up I figured you'd want to go check on em and after, if you want I'll watch a movie with them until bed time so you guys can you know, talk." He said.

"It's fine Trav. Thank you." I said.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure." I smiled lightly at him trying to persuade him.

"What did it say Lauren?" He asked me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"The test." He asked.

"You saw?" I asked.

"I thought so yeah and when you went to the pharmacy. I assumed." He said trailing off

I sighed. "I haven't looked yet."

"Whatever the results are, it'll be fine okay?"

I nodded. "Thanks."

"Now come on, your son isn't going to eat my food." He rolled his eyes. "He kept tapping my chest. Maybe I should slow down on the upper body work out if he thinks I have breast." He said causing me to laugh.

"That's just his way of telling anybody that he's hungry. He does that and says ma." I explained.

"Oh." He nodded. "I'm glad you let me know because I was starting to get a little worried. He made me question myself." He said causing me to shake my head as we walked down the hallway.

"Hey mommy." Melanie said and I smiled immediately.

"Hey boo." I said kissing her cheek and then Cara's she was too busy eating. I grabbed Devin Junior out of his seat, causing him to clap his hands happy that I was in his presence.

"You missed your mama?" I asked him and he nodded clapping and slobbering.

"Yup. Yup." I said.

"Mama mama." He said and then clapped his hands wildly.

"What about my two big girls. Y'all miss your mommy?" I asked Cara and Melanie.

"Yup." Cara said and Melanie nodded her mouth full

"Is it good?" I asked them as they are the steak tacos.

"Yeah mommy, it's real good. Have some?" Cara asked.

"No thank you baby." I said kissing her forehead. "Tonight we gotta do that head Missy." I said. "And you too Mel." I told them.

"Okay, mommy I got a really good grade on my project in math." Mel smiled happily.

"Really?" I asked. "How good baby?"

"Real good. So good daddy took us for ice cream." She said.

"Oh wow, that's pretty dang good." I told her. "You wanna show me?"

"Yup." She said and got up from the table.

"After dinner baby girl." I told her and she sat back in her seat.

I got up and grabbed a nursing blanket to feed Devin.

"H-hey mommy." Cara said.

"Yes sweetheart?" I asked playing with Little D. He wouldn't latch on to my nipple, so he may not be hungry. Maybe he just wanted to play.

"How comes you and daddy didn't eat with us today?" She asked.