28

Hey Y'all. Long time no read huh? My hints got hectic but I'm back slowly but surely. Hope you enjoy the update. Leave comments. More to come

Dream 💟

"Hey Lauren." Trav said coming into the kitchen dressed for a change.

"Hey." I smiled. "You hungry?"

"Yeah I am. I was working late and didn't eat. You mind if I grab a plate?"

"Oh no. Go ahead." I said and began to search for  the syrup.

"If you're looking for the syrup, it's in the refrigerator. "

"Who put it in here?" I asked

"Devin. Do you eat it cold?" He asked.

"Ew no. Only Devin does that." I laughed.

"I hate it like that." He shook his head. "I'll warm some up?"

"Yeah that's good." I said and smiled at him. "I will make some more French toast." I told him and he nodded.

I finished up a few more slices of French toast and sat it down on the counter.

"This is amazing." He smiled at me.

"Thanks. I'm glad you appreciate it."

We sat in silence, with the reoccurring clatter of utensils against the plates.

"This is really weird." Travis laughed causing me to respond to him with a slight nod.

"Your laughter is so obnoxious." I laughed.

"Yours is too." He shrugged.

"We have that in common." I smiled.

"Yup." He nodded.

"So tell me about you. I know nothing except you're my husbands best friend." I said watching him eat.

"Well there is really nothing to know." He shrugged.

"Nothing to know? What does that mean?"

"Just that. It's not really anything crazily good about me. I'm not like Devin."

"Everybody has a story." I said.

"Yeah, I just don't feel like mine is so noble to be told. "

"Every bodies story deserves to be told." I smiled at him and he looked at me biting his lip.

"Okay." He nodded.

"So are you gonna tell me?" I smiled and he sighed.

"Well I was born in a jail, my mother was incarcerated for the alleged attempted murder of my father." He said. "When I was born, I was given to my father and a few years later, maybe when I was like eight my mother got an appeal for her case. She got off on self defense and they got back together. When they got together again everything turned for the worse. My parents literally drove each other insane. My parents were married for sixteen years before my father passed away. My life was a living hell." He shrugged. "I can remember all of the times I was traded in for drugs. All the times I as a young man sat in my own bodily fluids for days, while my parents just killed each other." He shook his head. "But then i met my grandmother, the woman I love more than anything in this world and everything changed, by then I was in foster care and she got me, took me in and raised me from the age of seventeen. Three days before I would have been kicked out because I'd officially be legal and she loved on my something great." He smiled. "She convinced me to go to school, an HBCU because they are easier to get into and so that I can explore the culture and heritage of my people and boom, I ended up in Texas Southern and I met my line brothers. Devin is the only one who really knows me. I love him like a real brother, after all I had ever been through he was there. I was flunking after Grams got sick, I was a half a step away from no longer pledging and everything school was kicking my ass. I had nobody but my line brothers. I know sometimes I can be obnoxious and an asshole, but he's my family. All I ever had other than Grams." He shrugged.

I smiled and nodded my head. "Well I never knew that about you. I thought you were just some good looking, well dressed jerk who my husband was friends with." I joked.

He laughed. "Oh so you do think I'm hot?" He asked causing me to laugh a little more.

"Stop playing. What you have planned today?" I asked him.

"Work." He said rubbing his hands together.

"Oh." I said disappointed.

"Why so sad? You're not dressed for work so I assume a day off? That must be amazing to have everybody out of the house for a change."

"Yes a day off but Not really. I'd much rather be doing something with someone." I said aimlessly wanting to do anything but sit in the house.

"Well if you'd like we could hang out." He said and I looked at him shocked.

I can't believe he's actually willing to take a day off just so I won't be alone

"Sorry. Is that inappropriate?" He asked

I shook my head. "No, I was just shocked that you were gonna take off." I said puzzled.

He shrugged. "Well work can wait, let's go have some fun. I could use a day off too." He said.

I smiled and nodded. "Okay, cool. Well, I'll go put something else on and freshen up while you decide on what we can do?"

"Yeah." He smiled and washed out his plate as I exited the kitchen.  This should be interesting.

30 comments