Chapter 8

Sebastian's P.O.V.

I got back up, even though my legs felt like jello. After a little bit of force and exertion, I managed to walk over to the dead bull/stag thing. I was afraid it was still alive, hey stranger things have happened, like this thing existing to begin with, which I still haven't found a name for it yet.

I took and gently tapped it on the head, at first I pulled back, expecting it to get back up and impale me, but then I did it again and it didn't get up. I realized I was getting stuff on its face and saw that my shoe had blood on it; I looked down and saw that I was standing in a huge puddle of it, which disgusted me.

I looked at its face, its eyes were closed, which on the inside made me happy knowing that those orbs of hunger and darkness were shut.

I looked around and saw that there was a cloud of smoke dissipating from the roof of the Stenotype Institute. Whoever it was that had taken the shot had saved my life and had probably left, I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to just leave, why not.

"Thanks" I said to whoever made the shot.

I turned and walked a few steps, before I stopped in my tracks and got went to the side of a car, trying to cover myself. I didn’t know if there was another one laying low somewhere else, waiting to pick me off. I moved from one car to another, keeping myself low.

As I was moving I heard a whirring noise, I looked up and saw a black vehicle in the sky, as it got closer, and I realized that it was a UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter and a Bell UH-1 Iroquois, the Blackhawk was solid black, while the Huey had on an old army green pattern. They went right over me and kept going forward. I wonder where they were going.

I watched as they disappeared into the distance.

I didn’t know what to make of it, but they were going somewhere. This gave me a huge question to answer.

Where the hell was I going?

I finally realized this and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Where the hell was I going to go, because last time I checked I wasn’t going to stay here until night fall or god knows what the hell else was out there get to me.

I sat down and thought about it, I had to find some place to go that was familiar and I knew my way around.

I got up knowing that I couldn’t go home, no telling what the hell happened to the neighborhood, that and I just didn’t want to go home. The only other place I could think of was my school, which was a hell hole before all of this happened.

I groaned knowing that I was gonna have to go there anyways, because unfortunately for me I didn’t know where else to go. But I knew I had to suck it up and start walking. As I walked, I felt a familiar wetness in front of my pants; reluctantly I looked down to find that for the second time they were stained yellow once more, knowing fear, I knew that there was probably some brown I was gonna have to clean up afterword’s.

I groaned so hard I strained my throat, smooth genius. I shook it off and started walking in the direction of my high school. Cursing this entire day, I kept walking even though I knew I was out in the open. If that sniper wanted to take me out, then by all means, go right ahead.

But as I walked I knew I was not looking forward to what I may encounter out there.