Chapter 6

Sebastian’s P.O.V

I was literally stuck between a rock and a very sharp but hard place. The creature was slowly making its way over to me, as if savoring the moment, it started digging its left hoof into the ground, making noises that meant that it wanted to impale me.

My heart was jackhammering, not thumping, but jackhammering, my knees felt like jelly, my shoulder was sore from the roll and the feeling of impending doom was more than I could bear. I couldn’t move I felt like a stone.

It made one last huge stomp with its front hooves and let out a roar. At that moment, I closed my eyes waiting for it to charge me; I squeezed them shut so hard, I felt tears roll down my face.

This is it.

I heard its cry get interjected by a huge sound, almost like a cannon going off and then the noise of something smacking into flesh, the bull creature made an odd sound, like something snapped its neck and then a huge thud.

At first I couldn’t open my eyes, but when I finally loosened them, I looked over at the beast, turning my head slowly.

What I saw was a huge bull/stag thing with a huge hole in its back and blood seeping from out of its chest, its pitch black eyes looked lifeless. Its mouth open and its body splayed out. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing; I slid down the tree and sat down, mostly because my legs needed it.

“Holy s***”

****

Camilla’s p.o.v.

When I saw that my kill was confirmed, I smiled.

“Not to brag, but damn that was a clean kill!”

I set the rifle down, took out the ear plugs, turned around and got back to being comfortable, put in my ear plugs and put back on Within Temptation- In the middle of the night.

“You’re welcome, guy” I thought as I relaxed and let the music serenade me again.

Sebastian's P.O.V.

I got back up, even though my legs felt like jello. After a little bit of force and exertion, I managed to walk over to the dead bull/stag thing. I was afraid it was still alive, hey stranger things have happened, like this thing existing to begin with, which I still haven't found a name for it yet.

I took and gently tapped it on the head, at first I pulled back, expecting it to get back up and impale me, but then I did it again and it didn't get up. I realized I was getting stuff on its face and saw that my shoe had blood on it; I looked down and saw that I was standing in a huge puddle of it, which disgusted me.

I looked at its face, its eyes were closed, which on the inside made me happy knowing that those orbs of hunger and darkness were shut.

I looked around and saw that there was a cloud of smoke dissipating from the roof of the Stenotype Institute. Whoever it was that had taken the shot had saved my life and had probably left, I didn't know what else to do, so I decided to just leave, why not.

"Thanks" I said to whoever made the shot.

I turned and walked a few steps, before I stopped in my tracks and got went to the side of a car, trying to cover myself. I didn’t know if there was another one laying low somewhere else, waiting to pick me off. I moved from one car to another, keeping myself low.

As I was moving I heard a whirring noise, I looked up and saw a black vehicle in the sky, as it got closer, and I realized that it was a UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter and a Bell UH-1 Iroquois, the Blackhawk was solid black, while the Huey had on an old army green pattern. They went right over me and kept going forward. I wonder where they were going.

I watched as they disappeared into the distance.

I didn’t know what to make of it, but they were going somewhere. This gave me a huge question to answer.

Where the hell was I going?

I finally realized this and it hit me like a ton of bricks. Where the hell was I going to go, because last time I checked I wasn’t going to stay here until night fall or god knows what the hell else was out there get to me.

I sat down and thought about it, I had to find some place to go that was familiar and I knew my way around.

I got up knowing that I couldn’t go home, no telling what the hell happened to the neighborhood, that and I just didn’t want to go home. The only other place I could think of was my school, which was a hell hole before all of this happened.

I groaned knowing that I was gonna have to go there anyways, because unfortunately for me I didn’t know where else to go. But I knew I had to suck it up and start walking. As I walked, I felt a familiar wetness in front of my pants; reluctantly I looked down to find that for the second time they were stained yellow once more, knowing fear, I knew that there was probably some brown I was gonna have to clean up afterword’s.

I groaned so hard I strained my throat, smooth genius. I shook it off and started walking in the direction of my high school. Cursing this entire day, I kept walking even though I knew I was out in the open. If that sniper wanted to take me out, then by all means, go right ahead.

But as I walked I knew I was not looking forward to what I may encounter out there.