Chapter 1

This isn't actually my story, this was written by a friend of mine who goes by the name of Gabriel, or Gabriel5 on wattpad. He can't go on wattpad anymore as it gives his computer viruses, but when I offered to upload this for him, he said it was okay. Link to his profile in the external link.

**

Chapter 1

I opened my eyes and they were very blurry. But that went away when I blinked and shook my head a little. I looked around me and found that I was in a very confining space. I sat up and promptly knocked myself in the head.

"Ouch my head" I went to put my hand to my head, but I realized that they were both in handcuffs.

"You've got to be kidding" and they obviously weren't for fun. I looked around me to find that I was in a vehicle. With a few pushes I managed to roll myself onto the seat and lift myself so that I was straight up. I saw what I knocked my head onto. It was a huge piece of splintered wood that went right through the car seat and it had dried blood all over it, so it must have went through someone. That filled my heart with a lot of dread knowing that someone got impaled. I need to get out of here!

I maneuvered myself over to the broken window that was on the left side. The window was smashed to hell but there were still a lot of huge chunks left in it. I reached for the door handle and found that it was locked and there was nothing that I could open it with. "What the hell is this?"

I moved myself over to the other door and tried opening it and to no avail. I moved myself back to the other door and decided I had to find a different way out. I slid myself until I was on my back and my feet were right at the window and I started kicking out the glass the best I could. I moved myself back up and lifted my feet up and stood one on the seat and the other on the floor. I took a deep breath and launched myself out the window. Well not much launched, I got halfway through before I had to wiggle the rest of me out and feel pain along the way.

"Ouch" I amazingly rolled off my back and managed to stand up half hazard due to the fact that I was still in handcuffs. I looked down at myself and I knew I had a few scratches on me, but I knew they wouldn't be much. I decided to take the handcuffs off first. But before I did, I noticed two things, one, the sky was a orangey dark red color, like something out a nuclear holocaust movie, the next thing I realized was that all the cars on the other side of the road and on the other lane, were not moving, some of them looked like burnt out shells of what they used to be.

No time, I refocused my attention onto my cuffed hands and tried to pull them off, but all it did was hurt my hand. After a few more tries and lubricating my wrist with my spit, I went over to the front seat of the car to find a horrific scene in the front.

The guy in the passenger seat was wearing what looked like a police officer's uniform, he was impaled in the chest with a metal pole, and his head was looking down while it his arms were lifeless. The front seat was a whole different story, nobody was there. But his keys were still in the ignition, I realized it had never been turned off when I looked at the fuel gauge and saw that it was hitting empty.

I rummaged around to find nothing until I checked the sun visor and the key fell onto the seat. I picked it right up and unlocked my left wrist and then the right. I took the cuffs and put them in my pocket. Not knowing what else to do, I just started walking and left the scene of carnage behind.

I kept looking around and saw that there were a whole lot of empty cars, like they had all just been abandoned.

"What the hell is going on?" I whispered as I kept walking what appeared to be an interstate. Then out of nowhere I heard a loud caw sound. I looked up and saw that there was a large group of birds that were circling something. They reminded me of vultures.

"Wait, Florida doesn’t have vultures; we don't even have turkey vultures!" I thought confused at what the hell I was seeing, I looked below then and there were some right below it and they were moving around. I went up a little closer slowly and I noticed that I smelled a mixed combination of burnt metal and a horrible odor that I had never encountered before and that new smell was getting worse as I went in closely and slowly. What I saw were some really pale skinned, bald headed creatures, with wings and a tail!

"What the hell is this" I blurted out before I covered my mouth and nose from the intense smell with an audible smack. They stopped moving and the two in front of me turned their heads and looked at me. They both had 5 huge dark black eyes, their mouths were wide and reached all the way to their ears and they covered in blood like some sort of messed up wide mouthed Hannibal Lector. In their slightly raised hands were some persons guts, one had them in its mouth already. There right inside, I saw the two others in the back clawing into some poor bastard. The two in front looked at me with those dark eyes, blood covered faces and they............smiled, they honestly smiled at me! They had these long jagged dark green rows of jagged teeth and in them were what I assumed to be big chunks of flesh still in them. One to the left went back to eating while the other one gave me a sharp roar and a whole river of blood came out and he went back to eating. I could hear them slurping and chewing on the poor bastard, it made me sick. I almost puked; I backpedalled away a few meters to make sense of what the hell I just saw.

"I got to be dreaming, this can’t be real!" I thought as I dry heaved onto the hood of a Prius. “This can't be real!" I steadied myself, but I inadvertently looked inside the car’s front window, which had someone’s skull lodged in it, with some dried brain matter on it and that made me go from dry heaving to just puking my guts out on the hood of the Prius. My eyes were watery and I wiped them on my sleeve. I tried catching my breath, but I wretched up a little more. I took in more gulps of breath and kept rubbing the tears out of my eyes. I shouldn't have wiped the tears away because when I unintentionally looked at my puke, it sickened me that the color was red!

"What f*ck is this!" were all the words I could get out before I puked until I honestly thought my stomach was empty, I wiped my mouth with my shirt and looked away quickly. I spit out the rest of the stuff in my mouth, but there was still the ting of puke in my mouth.

I looked back and I knew if I was going to go anywhere, I was going to need to get past them, but I had to stop shaking first. I willed myself to stop. I managed to stop shaking violently, but my legs were still trembling with some force.

I turned around and took a step and I nearly fell, I balanced myself then took another step and then another until I was walking normally. I took a few more steps and pretty soon I was walking normally. I turned back around and walked as carefully as I could until I was about three cars away from the gore fest a few feet away. There was no way in hell I going to be able to get around them due to the fact that they pretty much squeezed themselves into the space they could occupy from the road to munch on that dead body.

"Poor bastard" I thought as I climbed onto the back of the pick-up I was standing near, if I couldn't go through them, I would just have to go around them and that meant climbing over the roofs and hoods of abandoned vehicles. I steadied myself and went for it. I stepped over the gate and onto some guys Sedan, from what I could tell.

I practically fell out before I pulled myself back up and retry it again; I put both feet on the top of the loading gate and jumped onto the roof almost perfectly. I steadied my heart and looked ahead and saw what must be one of those new Volkswagen cars that ran on electricity or some alternative source crap, either way, it was too damn expensive for my blood. Either way, it was stuck and now a piece of rotting garbage.

This one was a little bit more difficult, but I managed to get on top of the roof without killing myself. The slurps and noises were right next to me; I held my nose to avoid the disgusting smell of death and all of his friends.

It was then one of those things thrusted something into the air and it caught my eyes, it was the man’s head, it had its eyes gouged out, his jaw torn off leaving nothing but the tongue hanging and plus half of his face torn off which exposed his skull and the flesh underneath. I jumped up and looked back ahead.

I didn’t waste any time before I jumped onto the next car, which was one of those pathetic cube cars and I landed on my stomach. I pulled myself up and scrambled to get off the car, before I landed feet first on to the ground. I looked back one last time and saw the head being lowered back down into the feast pit. I shook my head, turned around and took off down the rest of the interstate. Not knowing where in the world I was going to go, but any place but there will do.