Chapter 2 "Tricks"

About 15 minutes from the house we all live at, Max buzzed in on the radio.

"Alright we can make it to Ada in about an hour if you take US-75 until Durant, then take OK-48 N." Man he was always one step ahead of the game.

"You sure?" I waited.

"Uh..yeah." I looked back and Daniella was typing away on the keyboard. Getting weather readings and calculating the probability of the Twister occurring by past Twister conditions in Ada.

"What's the chance were going to get rolled?" I laughed at the question.

"Pretty good if you want it to be." A couple more minutes on the road and it was no more sunshine in the sky. The clouds were turning a murky green and swirling like there was no tomorrow. Daniella suggested we stopped, because according to the radar it would last a while and there is nothing worse than being stuck in a Twister and having to pee. I took an exit at US-70 where we would pit stop in Bochito.

A little café snuck up on us just as we rounded the turn. It was almost deserted, the café. Hopefully we could get our drinks and go, but someone unmentionable was there. Aaron. Ugh he disgusted me, we all started off together in college doing the same research until he realized he could make money off of being the first to get inside a tornado and get information. Plus he called us a quote on quote "a bunch of snot rag losers who had no hopes in becoming famous by storm chasing." So Max popped him in the mouth giving him swollen jaw for the next 2 months.

When we pulled up the other people (who obviously have never seen a group of storm chasers in a gigantic metal car followed by trucks loaded with wires) starred at us. The metal van was so hard to park; I took up one in a half parking slots and still didn't have enough room to open the door before I scratched up Tyler's car.

"Sorry!" He shrugged and locked his car, as did all of us.

"Well looky here, we have the bunch of snot rag losers." Olivia rolled her eyes and Max snorted.

"We may be snot rags, but at least were not dirt bags." Daniella retorted. Steven laughed.

"You think its funny eyelashes?" He grabbed the collar of his shirt and spoke in his face.

"I can easily take away the work you've put into this." He threatened as he looked over to all the computers. He was threatening to either take away our data or steal our computers. No idea how, but its Aaron, he had cooperate sponsors and money to do all of that stuff.

Olivia was flushed with red. She couldn't stand any of us being picked on by Aaron, especially Steven. Rashly she walked up and slapped Aaron, yes slapped him. He reached for his face where you could see a five-star mark. I stifled a laugh, but Daniella couldn't hold hers in.

''What is your problem?" he yelled at Olivia, his face as red as a tomato, except where Olivia slapped him was a darker red.

"YOU! None of us can stand you! You think you're so good, because you have cooperate sponsors and high tech gadgets and money! We don't care for that, so go crawl back into the hole where you slithered out of and hibernate in your ego-ness, because I have had it with you, we all have." She was so firm, it was a way I've never seen her before. It was almost amazing. Aaron was at a loss for words, which means Olivia had done good. He stormed off back to his crew on the other side of the parking lot.

Steven thanked Olivia and she was granted a high-five from Tyler and Jack. Max let out his laugh which he had been struggling to keep in. His wavy blonde-brown hair flopping onto his head, and those eyes filled with joy. I never really noticed all of this in the past 3 years we've been chasing together. Daniella snapped me out of it. I shook my head.