Chapter eight

Gabe's POV:

After leaving the bakery and starting to unpack the garage. I still wasn't able to get Lilly's face out of my head. And who was I kidding her whole dam body had my own on high alert. I was so taken a back by my body's reaction. It was like my body had stepped back in time and was now back in high school were wet dreams were a daily assurances.

"Daddy?" Ryan said holding up my cell phone.

I had completely zoned out. I was suppose to be unpacking and organizing my tools for the work benches in the garage. But lets just say that I got a little side tracked every time I looked over at Lilly's Cape Cod. Which truly was in need of some work unlike its owner.

"What's up Ryan?"

"Grandma's on the phone Daddy." Ryan said with more enthusiasm than I had about the phone call. He must really be missing home, unlike me.

So I reluctantly walked over to were Ryan stood holding the phone for me.

"Thanks' little man." Ryan smiled up at me before running back inside the house.

Bracing myself before answering the phone I said "Hey momma."

"Don't you 'Hey momma' me yong man! I've been worried sick for day's! Is there a reason you didn't call me when you got to New York?"

"Momma..." She didn't even let me finish before starting back in.

"Don't even try saying your still on the road. My wonderful grandson told me you two got into town at least a day ago. So once again why didn't you call your mother Gabriel?"

This was why I was not looking forward to this phone call.

"Well with the time differences and everything I didn't want to wake you and Pa. We got in a little later than I planned."

"Oh no that wont work boy. I checked how much of a time difference there is from New York and Texas, and if anything were behind an hour while your now ahead a hour."

She had me there. I should have known that my momma would have check the time differences, for my momma was never a dummy.

"Wanna try a different line this time?"

"God, I should have known you would have checked the time differences. There is no pulling one over you is there?" I asked laughing.

"No there isn't. And what I tell you about taken the lord's name in vain? I told your father while you kid's were growing up that he needed to watch his mouth, for the fact that I knew that it would only be a matter of time before you were repeating him."

I know I was in some deep stuff if she was reminiscing on who I got my fowl mouth. So I new I would have to swallow my pride and apologize, for the fact I knew my momma was right on all fronts.

"I'm sorry momma, I didn't mean to worry you and Pa. It's just been a couple of very long days up here."

I could hear my momma sigh in the background. I knew she was pleased that I had apologized without her having to ask for one.

"I understand that son, its been a pretty ruff six month's for you and Ryan. Lord knows that floozy you call an ex wife is still stirring up a mess of trouble around these parts."

"And now you understand why I wanted to move Ryan away from all of that. I didn't want my son to have to be apart of her three ring circus's she call's a life."

"I know son and so dose you Pa. Its just different around here with out you living down the road and not seeing you at the office. We miss you is all."