Chapter Six

Sagestar sat outside in the clearing, close to her den. She was grooming her fur, watching as Owlkit played with Nightbranch. Her tail flicked slightly, and she sat up. "Nightbranch, Owlkit, come here!" She called, smiling warmly. They padded over, question in their eyes.

"How old is Owlkit now?" Sagestar asked, watching as the she-kit attention was caught by a beetle. Nightbranch thought for a long moment. "She is about a sunrise or so from being six moons." Nightbranch commented, thinking thoughtfully. Sagestar nodded. "I think I will go ahead and make her an apprentice." Nightbranch blinked in thought and nodded happily before racing over to Owlkit.

Sagestar didn't wait to see her reaction, instead she jumped up on her den. "Let all cats who can hunt in the forest gather!" She learned that from a Starclan cat she met in her dreams a couple nights ago. Cats slipped out of their dens, yawning tiredly. They all settled down, looking up at Sagestar. Sagestar scanned the clearing, before noticing Wolfpelt was sitting at the entrance of the nursery, her kits also watching with wide eyes.

Once the clan had settled down, she began. "Today we have a kit who has reached the age of six moons and is ready to become an apprentice. Owlkit, step up." The black kit looked up in shock. She quickly let Wolfpelt groom her before she scrambled up beside Sagestar. "By naming apprentices, we show that Sageclan will survive and remain strong." Sagestar said proudly. She scanned the clearing, before her eyes rested on Tigerfur. "Owlkit, from now on you will be known as Owlpaw. Tigerfur, you are ready for an apprentice. You will be Owlpaw's mentor." The clan cheered happily as the two touched noses.

Sagestar noticed Wolfpelt was also watching proudly. Sagestar smiled, but the spoke again. "I will also name who will be going to tonight's gathering!" She waited for the cheers to die down. "Nightbranch, Doepelt, Meadowcloud, Greypaw, and Skywing, Rainpaw, and Silvermist. All of you will rest and be off all patrols." She jumped down and watched as cats talked to each other happily.

Sagestar settled down in the shade, and she noticed Salmonleaf was letting one of Wolfpelt's kits watch her organize herbs outside. She then turned her head as she heard someone walk up to her. "Oh hello Silvermist." She mewed kindly. He set down a rabbit in front of her. "Want to share?" He asked. She nodded, letting him settle down beside her. They ate in silence, enjoying the cool air and watching the clan.

----

The gathering cats settled down in the clearing, they had been the second ones to make it. First was Echoclan. Echostar was sitting on one of the rocks, and Sagestar joined him. "Your clan seems to be growing." Echostar commented as Sagestar settled down. "Same to you." She mewed kindly. She noticed some cats were keeping away from each other, but others chatted. Soon other clans joined them, and they started the meeting.

"I will go first." Echostar mewed, flicking his tail. "Echoclan is well. We have three new apprentices and four new warriors. We also have two new queens. We had to chase some hawks off, but other then that we have been fine." He allowed Moonstar to speak next. "We have been well as well. We have a new warrior, Rivercloud. We also have a new medicine cat apprentice, Shallowpaw." Cats cheered, and then Sagestar padded up. "We have been well as well! We have four new kits; Turtlekit, Creamkit, Mudkit, and Bramblekit. We also have a new apprentice, Owlpaw! She sadly wasn't able to be here this gathering, but i'm sure she will the next." Cats nodded and cheered, and so she let Stonestar go.

"Everything is fine, Frostkit and Heatherkit are growing to become fine kits, and are soon to become apprentices. We have a few new cats as well." He then raised his head high. "But there is something Sunnywhisker would like to say." He turned to the she-cat, who was shyly standing up. She ducked her head and quickly padded forward before jumping up beside him.

Sagestar was watching with question. "I went exploring...I-I was curious, and soon I had found an old foxhole..." Sunnywhisker mewed, her whiskers quivering. "I went inside, something seemed to be guiding my paws. Soon I found this..this pool. I touched it, and the next thing I knew, I was speaking to Starclan." Cats gasped in shock. Suddenly Sagestar spoke. "It seems that Sunnywhisker has found our new starclan meeting place." She said, and the only leaders nodded. "I think each medicine cat should go there every halfmoon and speak to Starclan." Sunnywhisker mewed, standing proudly. "And if every clan agrees, we can start by next halfmoon." Stonestar put in, flicking an ear. Cats mumbled to each other at first, but slowly started to put in mews of agreement. "Then that is it, we shall do that for now on. Thank you Sunnywhisker, you will be remembered for a long time for finding this place." Sagestar mewed proudly before jumping down. "We can all share tounges for awhile, and then head home." She called out, she padded over and settled down beside Silvermist, who gladly let her join in beside him.