Just Life

So... this is starting to piss me off.

Why do people do stuff that they know will eventually kill them?  

Take smoking for example.  I know people are addicted to it, but it's BAD for you.  Like really bad.  What's the point in doing something when you know it's shortening your life.  I don't know about you, but I want a long and happy life.  I won't me death to peaceful.  I don't want to be stuck on an O2 machine.  Who in their right mind would?

And how about hanging out with the wrong crowd.  You know you are, so does half the people you know.  You know that they have a chance of negatively influencing you.  What's the point in taking that risk?  

But the one thing that really relaly makes me mad...

When people take life for granted.  If you're not happy with your life, change it.  The people around you aren't your babysitters.  If you don't like how you are in life, don't just sit down and do nothing.  Even worse, don't just sit there and let it get worse.  It's your life.  If you don't like it CHANGE it.  Get your shit together and stop complaining.  Only you can change your life for the way you want.

But worst of all...

I hate it when people spit on life.  It makes me mad like no other when people say things like "Nobody would care if I died anyways" "Oh I just want to die right now" and "Why don't you just go die already."  You don't mean those things, especially when it's talking about yourself.  The second one just gets me.  Why the hell would you want to die?  So what you got embarassed, wipe it off as a failure.  Learn from it.  So what someone just called you a hateful name.  If it's true, change it.  If not, ignore those haters.  Nobody really ever wants to die, and if you do, please go get some help or talk to someone.  The last one though, I just don't get.  Why would you wish death on someone.  Why would you wish to put their loved ones into a spiralling huricane of grief?  

People nowadays use words like "hate" and "love" way too easily.  I wish I lived in a time where those words actually had substance.  

I know this is a random rant (actually they all are) but I just needed to get it off my chest.  Any comments out there?  Any at all?  And, yes, I did swear.  That's why I made sure this post thingie was rated PG-13.