Chapter 15

It's 4:30 in the morning and I have to get up for school in about two and a half hours, yet I was still up.

I was debating on faking excruciating cramps or sickness, but I had a big feeling my mother wasn't going to believe me. She knows I don't want to go back to school. I toss and turn in my bed until I'm lying on my back and take one of my pillows and cover my eyes with it. Going back to school did not sound appealing at all. After my terrible weekend, why would I? This weekend absolutely sucked. Besides the whole dress fitting bit of my day on Saturday, everything else was ruined, including Friday night.

Will tried to come by, but my parents made him leave. He tried to call me dozens of times and left many voicemails but I ignored them all. I answered once, but the only thing I said was to stop calling me and hung up right after. He tried calling back, obviously not listening to me so I ended up blocking him. Surprisingly, Destiny and Brianna didn't try to contact me. I didn't mind though, I didn't want to talk to either of them, anyways. 

I did not want to see Will, Destiny, or Brianna. They are just three reminders of what it feels like to be stabbed in the back. But I also know I can't let them stop me from doing what I need to do. Yes, it was going to take time to get used to all of this and yes, it was going to take time to get over the pain that I felt inside. But I knew I was strong. I've gotten over a lot of pain before and I can do it again. I groan aloud. I really need to go back to sleep unless I want to have major bags under my eyes. I shut my eyes and keep them closed until I fall back into a short, but well needed sleep.

<>.<>.<>

I nearly want to scream when I hear my alarm go off. I swear I just fell asleep. Why does it always seem like I never get enough sleep? I grumpily turn off the alarm clock and debate on whether or not I should go back to sleep. But I decide against it and get up.

My body aches and I sluggishly move to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. After rubbing my eyes I realize that I could not escape the bags that are present on my face. Ugh. I quickly finish what I need to do in the bathroom so I can get dressed already.

I was so not in the mood to get dressed. A part of me wanted to stay in my pajamas, but I know I could never do that. And I know something is wrong with me when I actually want to go to school in pajamas. I also know that if I don't put any effort into myself, it will show the three of them how much they have affected me. And I don't think I want them to see that because I have already cried enough.

So with that, I end up wearing a pair of burgundy colored jeans, a black knit sweater, and my black booties. I straighten my hair nicely and use a little makeup to take away the tiredness from my eyes. I realize that I am behind on time because I was moving extra slow this morning and if I don't finish now I won't have time of breakfast. Oh, whatever. Who needs breakfast every day, anyways?

I see that it is already 7:35 and Austin will be calling my name any minute now. So I quickly shrug into my coat and sling my bag onto my shoulder. I hurry downstairs and just as I predicted, Austin was standing by the door waiting for me.

"Are you ready?" He asks. His tone catches me off guard because it isn't as harsh as I expected it to be. In fact, he sounds really patient with me.

Usually if I'm running later than usual, he gets really angry at me because he likes to run on his time. I wonder if it's because he feels pity for me. He found out about Will after the whole commotion with Brianna. He came up the stairs, confused as to why Brianna rushed out crying and why I was crying.

So when I told my family about the whole situation, Austin got so angry. He was ready to go over to Will's house and give him a piece of his mind, but we all had to talk him out of it. Instead, during one of the many phone calls I received from Will, Austin grabbed my phone and told Will off himself.