Chapter 5

"Will, what are you doing here...in my room?" I ask, folding my arms across my chest.

"I came to talk to you." He stands up from his chair and moves towards me.

"Yeah, well I really don't feel like talking to you right now."

Will continues to move forward until he is only a mere few inches away from me.

"Zuri, please." He reaches out to me but I move away.

"What, Will?" I push his reaching hand away from me. "There's nothing to talk about."

"Really?" He squints his eyes at me. "There's nothing to talk about? You and I both know that's a lie."

"Is it?" I angrily step closer to him.

"Yes. You know what happened the yesterday was a mis—"

"Don't say it was a mistake, Will. Because we both know you meant what you said." I press my lips together as I stare into his eyes.

Will looks away and sighs audibly loud. "I know I said some really harsh things yesterday and I'm sorry."

"You didn't even try to consider how I might have felt," I say. "You didn't care."

"At the time I was blinded by ignorance. But I understand how I must've made you feel and I'm sorry. I do care."

"Do you really?"

"Yes, I do." He nods. His face softens and he steps closer. I don't pull away when he slips his hands in mine and looks me in the eyes. "Zuri, I'm sorry."

"I understand that it's been a year, Will, but you treat me like I owe you this. I don't have to do anything with you, just so you know."

"I know, I know."

"Okay, well I'm just letting you know. You make me feel as if you're only with me because you want to have sex with me."

"No!" He exclaims and his face turns sour. "Zuri, do you honestly think I would stay with you for a year if I wanted you for sex?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Anything is possible."

"I'm with you because I love you and I've never been in love with anyone as much as I am with you. That day I was just stressed out and I wanted to forget everything and I ended up taking my frustrations out on you, which was an honest mistake." Will explains. "We all make mistakes and I am genuinely sorry and angry at myself for saying those things to you."

I twist my mouth to the side, not knowing what to say. Did he honestly understand where I was coming from or was he just saying it to please me? He had to mean the words he said...The look in his eyes last night just carried so much emotion.

What if he does it again? Do I really want to go through this again? I knew I didn't, but he was right. People do make mistakes and I hate being mad at him. I just wish he never said those things to me. But I guess for now I would just try my best to let it go.

"Zuri? Zuri please say something." Will leans down to look me in the eyes.

"Okay." I finally manage to say.

"Okay?" His face grows confused.

"Okay, I forgive you."

"You do?" His eyes widened with hope.

"Yes," I nod. "I hate fighting with you. Let's just...move past this."

Will gives me a wide, dimpled smile. "I love you so much."