Chapter Fifteen

It took one whole week for me to realize how boring life can be without One Direction, and as much as I hated to admit, I really missed their stupid jokes and cheeky personalities.

The first day after I got home, I kept my cellphone off and completely isolated myself from everyone, excluding my mom, to give myself some time to think and rest. I was pretty content for those twenty-four hours, only watching reruns of Doctor Who, eating mom’s food and wearing my fluffy Star Wars pajamas the entire time, absolutely caring about nothing; or at least trying to.

To say better, I was living the life.

Until I decided to stop being such an anti-social weirdo and turned on my cellphone for the first time.

I was in the middle of watching an episode of Doctor Who where the Doctor takes Amy and Rory on a romantic trip to Venice in 1580, only to discover that there’s aliens disguised as vampires, disguised as a girl’s school when my phone suddenly popped into mind.

I hadn’t thought about the device in twenty-eight hours so I don’t really know why it suddenly popped up. But when it did, I decided to remove the three blankets that surrounded my body in a very cozy manner and went upstairs to my room to bring it back down with me.

When I was downstairs again, I sat back down on the comfy sofa and clicked the power button. Yet as soon as the home screen appeared, I was surprised as to how many messages started coming in. Loads of them.

By the time they were done from popping in, the screen indicated that there were 32 unread messages.

When I checked who they were from, ten were from Liam, Eleven from Eleanor and the rest from Harry, Zayn and Louis. Although Zayn only sent one, but that wasn’t much of a surprise.

Liam’s messages were pretty much a blog about how everyone was doing and the things they were experiencing.

Eleanor’s messages were more exaggerated, most of them complaining how she missed me and wanted me back. Some of them even had pictures of dresses she couldn’t decide if she wanted to buy, but ended up not taking because I hadn’t replied. I took as a compliment because it meant I was helping her out with her shopping addiction and that way she wouldn’t spend countless amount of money in only clothes.

The messages from Harry and Louis were updates on the pranks and funny stuff that I missed. Most of them actually made me laugh out loud and I mentally thanked them for the seconds of happiness.

Zayn’s only message was actually a picture of himself smoldering whilst he looked at the camera, and the caption read

‘Hey babe, miss you xx’.

I almost cried in laughter at that one, and I also almost replied with a picture of myself, doing the exact same face and a caption of ‘miss you to babes xx’ but I knew that if I were to reply, I’d have to reply to everyone, so I kept it to myself and saved the idea for another time.

It’s not that I didn’t want to talk to everyone, but despite the fact that I missed them all so much, I knew I had to wait it out for some time.

I didn’t know specifically why I needed time, but my heart kept insisting I did. And as much as my heart was screwing up things lately, I knew I had to listen to it.

But what made my heart feel like a needle was stuck through it rapidly and continuously,  was that none of them where from the person I really expected them to be from. I knew it had barely been a day and a couple hours, but I missed him terribly. I missed his fake blonde locks, his mesmerizing blue eyes, the way he laughs by extending his entire mouth, making his nose widen and a line of happiness appear underneath his eyes. I missed the way he screams when he’s really happy and how he always tries to be shirtless to showoff the forming muscles in his arms that he tries so hard to say they aren’t there. All in all, I missed everything about him.