Chapter Six

I’m standing in the middle of a huge arena, thousands of girls surrounding me in every direction. Their screams create a loud thumping in my ears. Their movements make the ground shake. So many distractions around me yet the only thing I can focus on is the rapid beating of my heart and the blue eyed Irish boy who’s standing on that huge platform a few feet away from me, his hair perfectly sculpted, his forehead showing some sweat, the way his lips almost caress the black microphone as he lets out that angelic voice of his with a song.

Suddenly, the lights drop, one single ray of light falling over the boy, every sound disappearing in a mere second. I look around and I’m alone. The thousands of girls have disappeared and I am standing on the middle of the isle, the stage on my clear view were the boy is. Without a word, the boy motions me to come forward, his index finger indicating so.  For a moment I lose the ability to move my legs but it quickly comes back. As I take a step forward, I am suddenly on stage. The boy takes a cautious step toward me, his eyes never leaving mine, like a tiger approaching it’s prey. I feel mesmerized by the way he’s looking at me and I can’t move. Once he’s only a feet from me, his mouth opens.

“I’m in love with you Claire, and I want the whole world to know.” He says, a small air of his minty fresh breath tickling my face in the process from the proximity.

I freeze. My heart feels like a ticking bomb ready to explode and I can’t help but let out a gasp. The Irish boy takes it as a positive sign and grabs my arm, placing my hand over his heart. I can feel his own heart beating faster than usual but what makes me grin is the Cheshire smile that’s plastered on his perfect face, like a man who’s just won a million dollars.

“Will you be my girlfriend?” He says.

Suddenly the echoing screams of the surrounding fans appear again, their voices damaging my ears once again.

I turn back to the boy who’s waiting for my answer and try to speak, but the words won’t come out. Gulping, I take a rush of courage and answer.

“Yes.” It came out as more of a soft whisper but could easily be heard by the boy.

If possible, the smile on his face enlarges, his hands reaching for a hug. I anticipate the warmth of his body and when they finally connect, I feel my world be complete.

Once he let goes, I reach to kiss him, awaiting for this moment for our lips to finally connect after hearing those precious words, but it gets cut short when he pulls his head to the side, my lips never reaching his own.

Like a sudden thunder, he steps away, his beautiful smile being replaced by a frown.

The bright white light that once fell upon him has turned a dark blue color.

‘W-what’s w-wrong?” I choke. The screams have gone silent again.

“I don’t want you.” He says coldly. His eyes look dark blue and not the gorgeous light color that they usually are.

I take a step back, scared and confused.

Suddenly, a sudden wave of ‘boos’ can be heard through out the entire place. Everyone is booing me, and Niall is standing on the side, laughing, and ridiculing me.

As a tear falls from my face, the ground starts to shake but I can’t move from my spot. A black hole appears beneath me and suddenly I’m falling, falling harder than I ever have. It’s cold but my screams can’t help.

I can still hear the laughter of the Irish boy above me, his love fading faster than it came.

My world has fallen apart.