Chapter One

Authors Note: WARNING! This is an Aaron x OOC pairing! The story is going to stay G to PG with little to no cussing, no sex scenes, no explicit scenes, little to no kissing. It's going to be very mild and very sweet, some angst but overall complete and utter fluff. I don't know if Aaron is going to end up with a guy or girl, its not stated in the story whether Aaron is gay ONLY for Shawn, is gay period, is bisexual, etc so I'm taking my liberties. This has no affiliation with Jordan Lynde's works, this is not made by her and is not part of the ongoing ASR story. Its my own little fan project. I claim no ownership except to the many characters I will be making up. Also, I won't do these long spiels at the beginning anymore. All my author's notes (unless they're SUPER IMPORTANT) will be at the ending where you can just skip if you want.

===========================

Aaron stared at the blank white wall across from him as the nurses gave him a general check-up. It was to make sure everything was working correctly so Aaron could get well and back to school as soon as possible.

How long had he been in this hospital? He wrinkled his nose in thought as he pondered that the sterile smell of the hospital didn’t even faze him any longer.

His mind wandered back to a couple days ago when Shawn’s thugs had attacked him and later Holly. He shuddered just thinking of it. He had almost died and so had Holly.

His mind wandered yet again but this time to Shawn in general. Aaron could remember sitting in the passenger seat of Shawn’s car as he drove recklessly singing along to their mix CD they always listened to.

“Play that funky music, white boy”, crooned Shawn, glancing at Aaron, a smirk gracing his attractive face. Aaron’s face had reddened but Shawn didn’t seem to notice as his eyes turned back to the road and continued singing.

“Shawn, where are we going?” asked the 15-year old Aaron. Shawn turned back and smiled at him, shrugging.

“Wherever you want to go, kiddo. It’s a date”, he had joked. His lean fingers reached for the button to switch to the next song. Aaron couldn’t help but think of those long, lean fingers on him. Touching, exploring, caressing.

“You okay?” asked Shawn, drawing Aaron’s attention back to reality. Aaron nodded and positioned his body towards the window to shield… himself from Shawn’s view.

“Aaron?” said a familiar female voice. He was jolted back to reality and stared up at Holly Evers, one of his only friends. She was perpetually happy and trusting and he thought she might be missing a couple bolts but she liked his company and that’s all that mattered at this point.

“What?” he snapped, hiding his delight at seeing her again.

“Nothing. You just looked preoccupied. What were you thinking of?” asked Holly, tilting her head towards him. Hair fell into her eyes and she absent-mindedly brushed it away.

“Just the past”, Aaron said vaguely.

Holly had realized Aaron’s love for Shawn and had told him to embrace his faggy-ness but to find someone better. That had worked well. Aaron had been with many girls but none of them made him feel the way he felt with just a smile from Shawn. It hurt to know that no one could ever compare to how he felt with a person that didn’t want him and that had used him, a man no less. He was disgusted with himself, not because he was gay, but because he had been so gullible and foolish to believe that someone felt for him the way he felt for them.

He grew angry thinking about it and itched to throw something. His long fingers grasped the hospital bed arms and he wanted to break them off as if he was the Bionic Man.

The reference made him laugh because it reminded him of Holly, Lexie, and his movie nights when they’d watched reruns of the 50 Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman.

“What’s so funny?” asked Holly. She was putting her hair up and had bobby pins in her mouth which made her voice muffled.

“Nothing”, he snapped, tapping his fingers in an arpeggio irritably on his thigh.

“My God, when will I be out of this cage?” he yelled, suddenly.

Holly jumped, spilling the pins from her mouth onto the floor. She bent to pick them up before she spoke.

“Do you mean from the hospital?” asked Holly, when she sat up.

“No, I mean this life”, he explained.

Life was pointless. He had nothing else to live for that much was true. But, he didn’t want to commit suicide and he definitely didn’t want to be murdered. Those were two options that seemed too painful and too scary.

Aaron sighed, staring back at the white wall in front of him as Holly chattered away. Would things ever get any better?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's pretty slow, I know. The second chapter will introduce our first love interest for Aaron. Will it be a guy or girl? And because this is fan-made, the fans totally have a say in what happens! I don't know where this story is going to end! So, please comment and vote on the story but also comment on what type of character you'd like me to put in or what you want to happen or who you want Aaron to end up with. Please!!!