Chapter XIII

Alice woke with a throbbing pain in her head. Still feeling disoriented from sleep she debated whether to open her eyes. After failing her attempt to go back to sleep she finally peeled her very sealed eyelids from each other and came to the realization that she had no idea where she was. She was in a smallish room, lying in the middle of a queen sized bed with dark satin sheets. The walls around her were decorated with very dated wallpaper that you could hardly see as it was covered by many shelves filled with books. It was also at this moments she discovered that she was in only her undergarments and began feeling very nervous. Suddenly she heard footsteps coming towards the room. She quickly returned to her previous position on the bed and pretended to be sleeping. She felt the presence enter and at the sound of it clearing it's throat she knew it to be Severus. She quickly remembered what he had done to her. She understood why he had to obey Voldemort, but it still made her feel sick. That this man she had learned to care about could look at her and do what he did, without even hesitating. She felt him looming over her and  his hand press against her forehead. She completely forgot about pretending to be asleep and flinched at his touch, and jolted up the bed to further herself from him.

"You're awake," he stated. She could see fragments of hurt in his eyes and it upset her until she remembered what he did and said to her the last time she was awake.

"Where are my clothes Severus?" she asked as calmly as she could, despite the anger that heated her words. He scoffed.

"Leave it to a silly girl like you to be worried about something so insignificant..." she cut him off before he could continue.

"I don't consider waking up in a strange bed in just my underwear a insignificant detail!" she spat back at him.

"You have been out for almost a week," he asserted angrily, hardly moving his lips.

"I had to have access to your skin to apply the salve and make sure you were healing properly." he continued.

"You put a salve on me!? So it's inappropriate for me to kiss you but stripping me down and rubbing salve all over me is  completely within Severus's guidelines of appropriateness?" She questioned now raising her voice, something Severus never did before to her.

"You were in no shape to go untreated..." He began but she interrupted again.

"Because you cursed me!" He lost his temper and with a quick motion he became only inches away from her, practically pinning her to the head board. 

"You know I had no choice you insolent little girl. You of anyone should know the importance of loyalty in front of the Dark Lord."

"You hurt me Severus," she said staring back at at his dark eyes with tears forming in hers. 

"You hurt me!" She shouted in his face, urging him to do something, she wanted to see some kind of emotion on his face or in his eyes. She wanted to push him to feel something. He quickly grabbed her face with each of his hands on either cheek. 

"You say it as if it didn't hurt me to do it," he boomed. His eyes barring into her own. She was mesmerized. The whole time she had known him she had never seen such emotion in his eyes. She didn't dare move, she just looked at him. Taking in the warmth from his hands and his breath which she couldn't explain, but liked the smell of it very much. Before she even had time to process, the inch between them became a centimetre and then a millimetre until their lips touched ever so softly. She could barley distinguish whether it was real or not. Keeping still she waited for him to take it farther, not being able to stand being rejected by him again. To her surprise he did. His hands trailed from caressing her cheeks to roaming around in her hair as he pressed his lips harder against hers. Feeling his body press further into her own half naked body was filling her up with butterflies but she knew if she went as far as she wanted right now he would hurt her. She cupped his own face with her hands and after one more soft movement of his lips on hers she pulled away.