Chapter IX

Thanks to @Bookworm2697 for your comment on the last chapter! This update is for you. Special Thanks to HogsMeegs for your emotional and writing support, as well as your ever budding comments. Thanks for everyone's votes, I promise if you vote and comment I will be more motivated to procrastinate my academics and update, I love hearing what you think.

Enjoy Chapter 9 - Airy 😬

Alice and Harry walked down Diagon Alley with her new wand in hand. They had become quite chatty with each other over the short amount of time they had spent in each other's company.  She had found out he was about two years older than her and had graduated Hogwarts two years ago. Now he was mostly working with the Order.

"Oh I almost forgot to give you this," Harry remembered, pulling a beige envelope from the pocket of his pants. It was a little crinkled from the envelope being a little large for his pocket. Alice slipped her wand into her side of her new hand-me-down boots she found at Grimmauld, and took the envelope in her hands. On the front in green ink wrote: Miss Alice Evans, First Floor Bedroom, 12 Grimmauld Place, Islington, London, England. A smile grew wildly on her face.

"I've never gotten a letter before!" She said excitedly. Harry laughed, he realized he had a lot more in common with her than he had thought he might.

"Then go on, let's hear," he suggested. She opened turned the envelope over, peering at the purple wax seal. On it was a badger, an eagle, a lion and a snake all surrounding a large H. She put it together quickly that it must have been from Hogwarts. Wondering about the animals she turned to Harry.

"What are these animals for?" She asked Harry.

"They are the mascots for each house," he said.

"Oh! Sev told me about those!" She elated. Harry chuckled.

"It's so weird that you call Snape that," Harry said.

"Why, that's his name!" She retorted.

"I know, but still, he's so, you know, a bit of a git."

"He is not!" Alice defended.

"Wait till you sit through a double potions with him, and then we will see." Harry scoffed.

"Well I guess he can be a little uptight sometimes but-" Harry cut her off.

"A little uptight? The man's wound tighter than his collar!" Harry exclaimed. Alice couldn't help but laugh along with Harry until she finally got around to opening her letter. It read;

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock,
Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Evans,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.
Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

She flipped over to the second page.

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

UNIFORM
First-year students will require:

1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear